Jolly Boar Inn
|Jolly Boar Inn|
|Release date||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|Location||North-east of Varrock|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The Jolly Boar Inn is a two-storey bar and inn located north-east of Varrock, on the southern border of the Wilderness. The Cook is involved in the Chef's Assistant quest and Johnathon is involved in the Family Crest quest. Players can buy beer from the Bartender for 2 coins each.
In the early days of RuneScape 2, this bar was also the location of Dr. Harlow, a somewhat important character in the Vampyre Slayer quest. He was moved to the Blue Moon Inn because newer players who were doing the quest had a hard time finding the bar and would often wander into the nearby Wilderness.
The man and woman in the bar both walk normally, but act drunk when you converse with them, mentioning how there are two of the player and mumbling about "giant hairy cabbages". A Black Knight and a Thief also wander around the inn, but the knight is not aggressive, unlike those at the Black Knight's Fortress.
The Bartender of the Jolly Boar Inn will imply that the Bartender of the Blue Moon Inn is crazy because he thinks RuneScape is a computer game. A Cook can be found in the south-east corner of the inn, cooking something on the range.
The Jolly Boar Inn is featured in the Bar Crawl miniquest, which can be started at the Barbarian Outpost by talking to one of the barbarian guards near the outer entrance to the Agility course.
Stock[edit | edit source]
|Beer||∞||2||Not bought||1,603||∞ (1,601)|
Notable features[edit | edit source]
- There is a range inside the inn that can be used for cooking.
- A spawn point for thread can be found in the bar.
- Before the Wilderness update, this was one of the main lurer base spots worldwide in RuneScape, and it was also a prime place for PK to go if they needed to heal or take a break from fighting.
- The bar was used during the 2009 Thanksgiving Event's Cryptic Clue Fest, where both the inn and its bartender played a part in the second clue.
- The bar is one of the marks on the Barcrawl card.
Personalities[edit | edit source]
Monsters[edit | edit source]
Music unlocked[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 20 March 2023 (Update):
- Assets from the first floor of the Jolly Boar Inn should no longer be visible when certain 'Remove Roofs' options are selected.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Interestingly, with the release of the Honky Tonky music tracks, the unlock hint for Honky Tonky Parade read "This track unlocks at the Boar's Head Tavern instead of the Jolly Boar.
- On Monday 25th, Thursday 28th, and Sunday 31 October 2010, the Jolly Boar Inn was used for the Alpha Base program during the Zombie outbreak.
- Notably, the inn existed (at least in concept) in RuneScape's precursor DeviousMUD.
- As of 15 December 2009, the music heard here is "Honkytonky Parade", which was part of an unannounced music update, which added 5 new songs to the list.