Chaos gauntlets are a pair of members only gloves, available after completing the Family Crest quest, but have no other requirements to equip. They provide a 10% damage boost to all bolt spells. This damage boost only affects auto-attacks and not abilities.
The chaos gauntlets can be obtained by right-clicking cooking or smelting gauntlets and choosing "Switch." The player can then select the chaos enchanted version from a menu. Switching enchanted gauntlets in this manner will cost 25,000 coins. Players are able to obtain one of each type of gauntlet by speaking to the respective brother and paying them 1,000,000 coins after speaking first with Dimintheis in order to unlock the appropriate dialogue option.
If the gauntlets are destroyed or lost due to death, they may be re-obtained free of charge from Dimintheis in south-east Varrock and will retain the previous enchantment.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 21 October 2019 (Update):
- Swapping between the different enchantments for the gauntlets awarded from the "Family crest" quest, can no longer cause the game to crash.
- ninja 17 December 2013 (Update):
- Family Crest gauntlets can now be changed by using a right-click option on the relevant NPCs.
- After the Evolution of Combat was released, they no longer gave a damage boost to all bolt spells; they were purely cosmetic. This damage boost feature returned 24 March 2014.
- The gauntlet's name comes from the fact that all bolt spells used chaos runes before the Evolution of Combat.
- Chaos gauntlets were quite popular before the Evolution of Combat due to the high cost of the death runes required for Blast spells, and they allowed bolt spells to hit almost as high as blast spells.