Chaos gauntlets are a pair of members only gloves, available after completing the Family Crest quest, but have no other requirements to equip. They provide a 10% damage boost to all bolt spells. It appears this damage boost only affects autoattacks and not abilities, making their use limited.
They can be obtained by right-clicking 'switch' on family gauntlets, cooking gauntlets, or smelting gauntlets and then choosing this option from the interface. If the gauntlets are enchanted already, it will cost 25,000 coins to change them.
If dropped or lost due to death, these gauntlets may be re-obtained free of charge from Dimintheis.
After an update, players are able to obtain one of each type of gauntlet by speaking to the respective brother and paying them 1,000,000 coins.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 21 October 2019 (Update):
- Swapping between the different enchantments for the gauntlets awarded from the "Family crest" quest, can no longer cause the game to crash.
- After the Evolution of Combat was released, they no longer gave a damage boost to all bolt spells; they were purely cosmetic. This damage boost feature returned 24 March 2014.
- The gauntlet's name comes from the fact that all bolt spells used chaos runes before the Evolution of Combat.
- Chaos gauntlets were quite popular before the Evolution of Combat due to the high cost of the death runes required for Blast spells, and they allowed bolt spells to hit almost as high as blast spells.