The Family crest is a quest item obtained during the Family Crest quest. It is made by combining the three crest parts given to the player by the Fitzharmon brothers, Avan, Caleb, and Johnathon, in return for performing a set of tasks for each brother.
If a player tries to put the crest back together with only two pieces, they will receive a message saying "You still need one more piece of the crest.".
The completed family crest must be returned to Dimintheis Fitzharmon, the brothers' father, in Varrock to complete the quest.
- The symbol on this crest looks like a red head of a bird when dropped, which may be a symbol of the Fitzharmon family.
- There is a graphics glitch where if you drop the item, it will have no fixed form.
- There is another graphics glitch that will make the crest appear distorted in your inventory.
- If you drop all 3 of the crest parts on the same spot on the ground, they will roughly form the shape of the completed crest.
- You can talk to Avan or Caleb to reobtain their crest parts via the drop trick. Johnathon however would direct you to kill Chronozon again. Avan would also tell you that the previous piece he gave you was a worthless replica, but as the family crest is a symbolic item and given his expertise in jewellery, it is reasonable to assume he could make a convincing forgery that would still allow the quest to be completed.