|Release date||10 May 2012 (Update)|
|Location(s)||Anywhere a bonfire can be created|
|Examine||It has been freed from the logs you were burning.|
|Infobox • Talk page|
A Fire spirit is a common phenomenon that can appear while adding logs to a bonfire or a portable brazier. They are unique to the player; only the player receiving the fire spirit event will be able to see it. It is possible for multiple fire spirits to be active for the player.
When a spirit appears, the player can click on it to collect it as an item. From there, it can be clicked on to collect rewards. Reward amounts are based on the type of logs used: the better the log type, the higher the reward. Multiple, different rewards may be acquired from a single spirit. However, players should note that the spirits will only last for a minute before disappearing, so players must pay attention in order to spot them. Charms are usually obtained, though numbers and types may vary. A crystal tinderbox gives quintuple the chance of spawning a fire spirit while training Firemaking on bonfires while it's equipped in the weapon slot. The All fired up set, consisting of the Flame gloves and Ring of Fire, has the same effect as the crystal tinderbox and can sometimes prevent the crystal tinderbox from degrading. If the Fairy Fire perk from Memorial to Guthix is enabled, a divine fire spirit will spawn instead.
Wearing a Firemaking cape or variant thereof improves the rewards obtained from fire spirits.
Obtainable rewards[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 23 April 2019 (Update):
- Collecting fire and divine fire spirits no longer moves the player or interrupts the continuous action of throwing logs onto bonfires.
- patch 25 March 2019 (Update):
- A sound is now played to the player when a fire spirit spawns.
- When catching a fire spirit you are now granted bonus XP for the 1 - 5 logs you're burning on a bonfire.
- A timerbar has now been added to a Fire Spirit allowing you to see when it'll vanish.
- You now have a very rare chance of getting a clue scroll from claiming a Fire Spirit's reward.
- The fired up ring and gloves now have a chance to stop your Crystal Tinderbox degrading when you get a fire spirit.
- Any fire spirits gathered will now become an item in your inventory, allowing you to save up an entire inventory and click on one to open them all at once (should the Firelighter buff be active when gathering a fire spirit this will add a 1.3x boost on the fire spirit drop table).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- On the day of release of bonfires, a bug allowed free-to-play players to receive members-only items, such as charms, as rewards from the spirit. This was fixed a few hours after release.
- On the day of release of bonfires, a bug caused players to only get one type of reward. This was fixed a few hours after release.