Flint is the eldest of the roaming firemakers who unwittingly walk into Char's prison during The Firemaker's Curse. He is the adoptive father of Lina, who he found abandoned as an infant. His influence led to her developing her own interest in fire. He is an inventor, making items used in creating easier fires, such as the pitch can. He has little skill in adventuring, being reliant upon a passing adventurer to help them survive their journey into Char's cave. He has a troubled past, which he does not like bringing up.
It is possible for Flint to be killed during The Firemaker's Curse if the person Char possesses is not tied up. Provided he survives, he'll appear in Balthazar Beauregard's Big Top Bonanza with the rest of the surviving firemakers. Regardless of his survival, there is a fire poi move named after him - the Flint Fling.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- ^ Flint, "The Firemaker's Curse", RuneScape. "Ah, well, I'm not sure there's much I can tell you about myself. I'm getting boring in my old age."
- ^ Flint, "The Firemaker's Curse", RuneScape. "I care for her as my daughter. I found her when she was a tiny baby, all alone on the plains. Saradomin knows how she had survived. I raised her as my own child. I couldn't bear it if anything were to happen to her."
- ^ a b Lina, "The Firemaker's Curse", RuneScape. "It's a silly story. Flint raised me, so I was always interested in fire. The first fire I made was when I was 10; I took one of his inventions that made sparks. I used it outside the house, and it threw a spark on to a poor chicken! The chicken was fine. Just a bit singed."
- ^ Flint, "The Firemaker's Curse", RuneScape. "Player, if you're going to be making fires, you should take this. It's something I invented for places lacking in wood. It's a pitch can. You can light the pitch directly to create a fire in front of you, or where you stand. You don't need logs, but the fires are much hotter than usual, so you won't be able to jump over them like wood fires."
- ^ Flint, "The Firemaker's Curse", RuneScape. "Player... You know, we are just firemakers. We have no way of getting out of here without you. If you don't return, you condemn us all to slow, painful deaths down here."
- ^ Flint, "The Firemaker's Curse", RuneScape. "My younger years are not pleasant memories for me; I'd prefer not to talk about them."