Phoenix is one of a group of roaming firemakers encountered during The Firemaker's Curse. They made their way to a cave near Eagle's Peak after Isis, one of their group, had a vision of firemaking secrets. He considers himself to be the leader of the group. He has a laid back personality, pulling pranks on his fellows, and wishes for the others to gain what they want. He appears to be popular with the other firemakers.
During the quest, they attract the attention of Char. She possesses Emmett, another of the group, and uses him to kill Phoenix. He is the only member of the group who cannot be saved. As such, he cannot appear at the Circus with the others and does not have a flaming poi performance named after him.
- His name and examines are references to the phoenix, a mythological bird that regenerated by bursting into flames and being reborn from the ashes.
- ^ Phoenix, "The Firemaker's Curse", RuneScape. "Well, the others wouldn't admit it, but I'm the natural leader of the group. They're all wonderful individuals, but they need someone to follow; to keep them focused and on the right track."
- ^ Phoenix, "The Firemaker's Curse", RuneScape. "Yes! Fires created by a terrible monster![...]Of course. I was just testing your nerve!"
- ^ Phoenix, "The Firemaker's Curse", RuneScape. "Ah, all of these are reasons I'm here. I know my firemakers have all their hopes resting on this; I am satisfied just giving all my effort so that they may achieve it."
- ^ Lina, "The Firemaker's Curse", RuneScape. "I'm just so shocked. Phoenix was so kind to me. I can't believe he's gone."