Quick guide for Rune Mechanics
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Mage Training Arena|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.
|Enemies to defeat||None|
Getting started[edit | edit source]
Wizard Dougal[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Wizard Dougal who is also in the basement.
- You need four free spaces in your inventory for Dougal to give you items. If he doesn't give you the items, he will not accept the steam runes.
- Craft at least one steam rune. The remaining runes (4 steam runes, 5 mind runes, 5 body runes) can be obtained or bought ahead of time.
- Talk to Wizard Dougal.
- Give the runes to Clerval.
Wizard Edvin[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Wizard Edvin who is also in the basement.
- Solve the portal maze.
- From the start, go through the west portal, then go to the northern portal 3 times.
- Take Edvin's tool to Clerval.
Wizard Shug[edit | edit source]
- Obtain five Pizazz points from any of the Mage Training Arena minigames, if you don't already have five. Enchanting pizazz points are arguably the easiest to obtain by casting lvl-5 enchant on a dragonstone lying on the arena floor.
- Talk to Wizard Shug on the top floor of the arena.
- Enchant the emeralds using the workbench by Clerval.
Finishing up[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Clerval, holding 20 pure essence.
- Fix the animation table nearby.
- When finished, click the green check button.
- Use the carving tool on the lump of rune essence.
- Talk to Clerval.
- Quest complete!
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 quest point
- 900 experience
- 2,300 experience
- 1,850 experience
- Rune guardian pet
- Fire talisman or Water talisman
- Binding necklace, obtained during the quest with one charge
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys and 2 Hearts of Ice
- Music unlocked
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Rune Mechanics is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
- Full completion of Heart of Stone
It is therefore an indirect requirement for the following quests and miniquests: