The binding necklace is enchanted jewellery that gives the wearer a 100% success rate in making combination runes through the Runecrafting skill. It has 15 charges and will be destroyed once all are used. One charge is used per batch of combination runes crafted, instead of each time the altar is entered or for each rune crafted.
It currently costs 141.6 coins for each use of a binding necklace.
It can be made at 27 Magic by casting Enchant Level 2 Jewellery on an emerald necklace. It can also be obtained as a drop by the monsters in the Abyss.
The enchanted necklace has a slightly different appearance than its normal counterpart. A binding necklace is given to the player during the quest Rune Mechanics.
The binding necklace's charge is tracked by player instead of by item.
The binding necklace does not negate the need of the opposing talisman, which is achieved with the Lunar spell Magic Imbue.
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 18 June 2018 (Update):
- A tooltip has been added to the Necklace of Binding which allows you to see how many charges you have remaining.
- patch 4 August 2014 (Update):
- The binding necklace has been fixed so that, after disintegrating, it does not remain visible on the character.
- If the player crafts combination runes without wearing a binding necklace, they will receive the message "You attempt to bind the Runes." If they are wearing one, it becomes "You bind the temple's power into [type] runes."