The progress hat is a magical, talking hat used to keep track of your current pizazz points obtained from the Mage Training Arena. If the hat is destroyed, pizazz points will not be lost from the currency pouch. If destroyed, the hat can be reclaimed from the entrance guardian.
As the player earns pizazz points, the hat will glow progresively brighter. There are three stages - dull, energised, and full. The transition between dull and energised occurs around 9,000 total pizazz points, and the final transition occurs around 16,000 points.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 17 October 2016 (Update):
- Pizazz points are no longer lost when reclaiming a lost progress hat.
- patch 3 October 2016 (Update):
- Destroying a progress hat from the Mage Training Arena no longer deletes pizazz points from the currency pouch.
- patch 25 January 2016 (Update):
- The following items can no longer have alchemy cast on them: Progress hat
- patch 2 November 2010 (Update):
- The checks for giving a progress hat have been made more robust.
- update 12 August 2008 (Update):
- The progress hats from the Mage Training Arena were not rendering correctly with players' hair.
- update 11 October 2006 (Update):
- The following can now be used with a simple right-click on the item and choosing the Operate option: the progress hat from the Mage Training Area
- The Progress hat is one of the few remaining NPCs to have not had a HD graphical update to its chathead.
- Although the name while worn or in your inventory is progress hat, in chat its name is pizazz hat.
- A talking hat refers to the Sorting hat in the Harry Potter novels.