Access[edit | edit source]
As with most other runecrafting altars, it can be accessed via the Abyss, found north of Edgeville Wilderness. Players could also enter its ruins by using a water talisman, an elemental talisman, or an omni-talisman. Players could also simply click on the ruins while wearing a water tiara, omni-tiara, a wicked hood imbued with any of the above, an omni-talisman staff, a water talisman staff, or an Enchanted water tiara.
The fastest way to get there is to used the wicked hood's teleport, which could only be used 2 times, or 3 if all the wicked robes have been purchased from the Runespan. The second fastest way is to break a water altar teleport tablet, but that requires playing Great Orb Project. Both of these methods teleport the player just outside of the altar. The Zamorakian token teleports the player a short distance northeast of the altar, but it could only be used 10 times per day.
After completing the quest Evil Dave's Big Day Out, players can chip a Lumbridge teleport tablet by using Dave's spellbook on it, this action will turn it into a 'Chipped' Lumbridge teleport. Using it will teleport players south of the Lumbridge Crater, very close to the Water Altar.
However, for crafting water runes, teleports are not very necessary as the Water Altar is very close to two banks: one to the south at Shattered Worlds (members only), and one to the northeast in the Lumbridge Crater. While the former looks closer on the map, due to terrain blocking, it is actually marginally slower than the latter.
Experience[edit | edit source]
The maximum likely limit for crafting Water runes in one visit is 1,518. This would be achieved by having 95 Runecrafting, giving a 6x bonus, and carrying 253 essence to craft (23 in the normal inventory along with 48 in the 5 sizes of Runecrafting pouches, along with 175 claimed from the wicked hood (if all the wicked robes have been purchased, and 7 from any abyssal Summoning creature), whilst wearing an explorer's ring (which has a 1 in 10 chance of producing an extra rune per essence). The maximum possible experience is 3,036 obtained doing the above while wearing water runecrafting gloves.
Combination runes[edit | edit source]
It is possible to make mist runes, mud runes, and steam runes while at this altar, but at a 50% success rate. This will result in fewer runes than normal being made. To make a combination rune, the player needs one set of elemental runes, a stack of pure essence, and 2 talismans.
Note that you need to use the opposing rune on the altar to craft combination runes. Simply clicking on the altar would just result in regular elemental runes.
Magic Imbue negates the need of a talisman.
If the player equips a binding necklace, the success rate will increase to 100%. The necklace has a total of 15 uses before breaking. A charge is used each time a batch of combination runes is crafted, instead of each time the altar is entered or for each rune crafted.
|To make...||You need...|
|Mist runes||Air talisman||Air runes||Pure essence|
|Mud runes||Earth talisman||Earth runes|
|Steam runes||Fire talisman||Fire runes|
Tiaras[edit | edit source]
Music Unlocked[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Trollweiss flowers can be found here but cannot be picked or even examined.
- If you look far out in the water in some areas of the altar, you can see moving yellow dots in the water. These are sharks that can be examined. When examined, they say, "Let's not go skinny dipping eh?"
- The Water Altar is East of the Mind Altar (and indeed all other inner altars in game).
- During Battle of Lumbridge Event, Zamorak bank is the closest bank to the altar without teleportation. However, players must be aligned with Zamorak or neutral to use it as otherwise they would be repeatedly damaged for 10% of their maximum life points by Moia.
- Its location moved from the centre of the swamp to its edge near the Lumbridge Advanced Swamp Mine following the release of RuneScape 3 and the Battle of Lumbridge, and again closer to the middle on 24 July 2017.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 24 July 2017 (Update):
- The Water Altar has been moved to de-clutter the Shattered Worlds area.