|Release date||1 February 2010 (Update)|
|Quest NPC||• Rune Mechanics|
|Location(s)||Mage Training Arena basement|
|Examine||He's working hard on something.|
|Infobox • (multi) • Talk page|
Wizard Edvin is a wizard who helped repair the Mage Training Arena during his apprenticeship to Wizard Shug. He was responsible for shaping the rune guardians' bodies using a specially created tool.
He runs magical experiments, often using test subjects as guinea pigs, sometimes literally as in the case of Apprentice Clerval. His latest experiment involves using portal magic, though he's lost at least one test subject to it. Originally he had the portal maze filled with "surprises" like dangerous creatures and lava, but has gradually removed them to make the challenge purely mental. He is on the verge of abandoning his experiment and moving on.
Update history[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Wizard Shug, "Rune Mechanics", RuneScape. "So we used a great deal of essence to repair the bodies of the guardians. Edvin was in charge of that: he was my apprentice at the time."
- ^ Apprentice Clerval, "Rune Mechanics", RuneScape. "All the wizards who helped rebuild the Mage Training Arena are still working here. There's Wizard Shug – he's usually asleep in the library – Wizard Dougal next door, and Wizard Edvin at the other end of the basement."
- ^ Wizard Edvin, "Rune Mechanics", RuneScape. "My part in resurrecting the rune guardians was rebuilding the bodies. The bodies were badly damaged from whatever battle destroyed this place. I created a special tool for shaping the body of a guardian."
- ^ Apprentice Clerval, "Rune Mechanics", RuneScape. "Being a guinea pig WAS the experiment! I had a pellet craving for weeks!"
- ^ Wizard Edvin, "Rune Mechanics", RuneScape. "Every room has a small orb floating in a corner: you can use these to escape at any time. I had to install those after my previous test subjects went mad and left in an...unconventional manner. Let's get started, shall we?"
- ^ "Rune Mechanics", RuneScape. "It's not dangerous any more. I admit I was too ambitious at first. I had lava and deadly monsters and a few other 'surprises' for the trainees. I've gotten rid of all those now and I'm focusing on making it a purely mental exercise."
- ^ Wizard Edvin, "Rune Mechanics", RuneScape. "Hmm, it's still just not right. I think I've been working on it too long. Maybe it's time for a completely different project. I've been meaning to research the time discrepancies between the cardinal directions and their effects on teleporting..."
- ^ Wizard Dougal, "Rune Mechanics", RuneScape. "Are you keeping tabs on me for Wizard Edvin? I KNEW IT! He's trying to steal my ideas. Well, I've had it up to here with his arrogance! Stop spying on me...and get out!"