There are eight elven clan leaders found in the eight districts of Prifddinas. The leader of the ninth clan can be found in the Heart of Gielinor. The elves on Tarddiad do not have a clan leader. Clan leadership is not based solely on heritage; neither Morvran Iorwerth nor Islwyn Cadarn are clan leaders, despite being the heirs of previous leaders, and Kelyn was chosen as clan leader due to her love of architecture.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 29 September 2014 (Update):
- A typo in an overhead message players see when walking past the elf clan leaders was fixed.
- ^ Angof, "The Light Within", RuneScape. "Haha once perhaps. But our civilisation, such that it is, no longer has such things." Upon being asked about Tarddian leadership
- ^ Morvran, "Plague's End", RuneScape. "There is need of someone such as I to ensure the safety of all the clans, the Clan Iorwerth needs a leader with a more... palatable outlook. This is why I have waived my right of lordship over to lestin."
- ^ Islwyn, "Plague's End", RuneScape. "My blood grants me no special privilege. How could I be trusted in a position of power, if I have not proven myself to be a wise leader?"
- ^ Kelyn, "Plague's End", RuneScape. "I'm a member of Clan Ithell, with a love of architecture. When I saw the statue, that soul spoke to me. I mean, spoke in the same way a work of art speaks to someone who looks at it. I gained the essential knowledge of the leader of Clan Ithell. I am the new Lady Ithell - I could sing her part of the city into shape!"
- ^ Helwyr's Chosen, RuneScape. "Our leader is the ancient Cywir hunter Helwyr."