|Release date||22 September 2014 (Update)|
|Examine||• Dont[sic] you wish your familiar was awesome like me?|
• Displays remarkable humility for it's[sic] awesomeness.
• You feel an urge to vote for Raven as king.
• It seems to be attempting to fix the universe.
• A truly magnificent creature.
• The most intelligent of avians.
|NPC ID||19867, 19868, 19869, 19870, 19871, 19872|
|Links||MRND19867 MRND19868 MRND19869 MRND19870 MRND19871 MRND19872|
|Infobox (multi) • Talk page|
Ravens are birds in Prifddinas that are components in unlocking the Ravensworn title. They spawn at 00:00 UTC every 13 days and disappear 24 hours later. The first day a raven appeared was 4 October 2014, meaning the next raven would appear on 17 October 2014, and so on. Its location varies from world to world, being known to inhabit one of 9 locations. Its location per world is the same for every player, but its appearance and examine text varies from player to player.
The last raven spawned 5 days ago on 5 August 2020. The next raven will spawn on 18 August 2020 in 8 days. (wrong?)
Spotting a raven with the left click option prompts the message You have found X/13 ravens. I wonder what happens when you find them all?. Spotting 13 unlocks the title [Name] the Ravensworn. Only one raven can be spotted per spawn, and all ravens on all worlds disappear for a player after being spotted. The earliest time at which the title could be obtained was 9 March 2015.
Before the method of obtaining the title was discovered, Mod Raven gave various hints on how to obtain it, using clues about bad luck to hint at a theme surrounding the number 13. Mod Raven posted a tweet promising to disclose everything about obtaining the title if he had at least 10,000 Twitter followers before 4 October, and, having surpassed this mark before the date, then stated that he would give a cryptic solution the following Monday. As the first set of ravens spawned before he could reveal the solution, providing one proved unnecessary, although he did clarify how often the ravens spawned.
Locations[edit | edit source]
|1||Crwys||Behind the building with Coeden inside the Crwys district|
|2||Crwys||East of the house east of the spirit tree|
|3||Cadarn||South of the house with the spinning wheel (opposite entrance to Max Guild on the ledge)|
|4||Cadarn||The window outside Haf's Battlestaves|
|5||Trahaearn||South of the Seren stones between the two buildings|
|6||Iorwerth||East of the Iorwerth church, on the southern ledge|
|7||Iorwerth||East of the Iorwerth church, on the ledge between the buildings|
|8||Iorwerth||West of the Iorwerth church|
|9||Iorwerth||West of the Rush of Blood entrance, south corner of the house|
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The ravens are themed around the number 13: the ravens spawn every 13 days and 13 of them need to be spotted for the title.
- They initially only appeared for 13 hours, but this was changed to 23 hours with the release of batch 2.
- This was changed again and the time they appeared was increased to 24 hours after an unknown update.
- Upon release, there was a bug allowing players to click a raven several times in one go, possibly unlocking the title prematurely. Their progress towards the title was reset. Anyone who did it were presented with the message: Your Ravensworn title has been removed. You will need to find the right number of ravens to unlock it.
- The ravens' examine texts are references to Mod Raven, who usually portrays himself as the future overlord of mankind.
- The examine text about familiars is a reference to the song "Don't Cha".
- The examine text could be a reference to the wise and just Raven King, John Uskglass, from the novel Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell.
- A bug caused players logging in when the 13th Raven spawned at the reset on 9 March 2015 to have their progress towards the title reset back to 0. This has been fixed.
- On 2015 April Fools, Jagex added a raven, named Terry, to the outskirts of Draynor Manor. When spotted, players would get the message: You have found 1/365 ravens. I wonder what happens when you find them all?.
- If the raven spawns at the same day as an update, it has a chance of moving locations.
- If you continue spotting ravens after having earned the title, the message You have found 13/13 ravens. I wonder what happens when you find them all? will continue to appear; there is no counter for ravens past 13.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Jagex. Mod Raven's Twitter account. 6 October 2014. (Archived from the original on 6 October 2014.) Mod Raven: "Hence the clue "unlucky for some" and "keep a wary gaze" it was literally 13 and keep a careful look out. :)"
- ^ Jagex. Mod Raven's Twitter account. 25 September 2014. (Archived from the original on 6 October 2014.) Mod Raven: "If we can get 10k followers by next weekend (4/10/14) I will fully explain how to get the Ravensworn title."
- ^ Jagex. Mod Raven's Twitter account. 3 October 2014. (Archived from the original on 6 October 2014.) Mod Raven: "As I have surpassed the 10k mark, but largely due to a number of spambots, I shall give the Ravensworn solution on Monday..cryptically."
- ^ Jagex. Mod Raven's Twitter account. 4 October 2014. (Archived from the original on 4 October 2014.) Mod Raven: "I will look into getting the title reset for those who used the bug."
|Tower of Voices|