Voice of Seren
The Voice of Seren is a blessing effect in Prifddinas, moving between clan districts every hour. Two clans will have the Voice active at any given time. While the Voice is active in a clan's district, certain actions related to that clan's signature skills give additional experience or rewards.
The clans that are receiving the Voice are the same in all worlds. Elven clan capes can be right-clicked to tell whether the Voice is currently active in that clan's district. The Master clan cape can be right-clicked to do the same, but will tell the clans districts for which the Voice is currently active in.
When in Prifddinas, two clan icons are visible on the screen depicting the clans that are illuminated by the Voice of Seren. Since 6 July 2015 one can also hover over these icons to see some of the effects for that clan when it is illuminated. Near the lodestone in the Tower of Voices, the player is able to see which districts the voice is active in by looking at the illuminated symbols on the ground. The clan symbols on the ground indicate the direction where each clan district is located.
Inside Prifddinas, the following message is shown when the Voice of Seren changes districts. The colour depends on which district is mentioned.
Randomness of the voice[edit | edit source]
The Voice of Seren rotates in a somewhat random way with some key restrictions. If a Voice is active in a clan, then there will be a two hour cool-down on that clan having the Voice of Seren again. For example, if the Voice of Seren is on Trahaearn from 02:00-03:00 then the earliest hour the Voice of Seren can be on Trahaearn again is 05:00-06:00.
This means that at the beginning of any hour there are 4 clans that can NOT have the voice on them. Of the remaining four clans that can have the voice, two will be chosen. That being the case, if the Voice of Seren just ended for a clan, there is a 50% chance it will be active for that clan again in exactly two hours (basically, there is a minimum 2 hour cooldown to see the clan again after it ends).
In this way, if the Voice of Seren just ended for a clan, one can use the 2 hour cool-down to predict the time at which the Voice will be active for that clan again. A good way to check this is with Jagex's Clock on their Twitter page.
After any game update, the Voice can be of any combination, regardless of the voices prior to the update.
Known effects[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- The Voice of Seren icons can once again be clicked through on Desktop; when on mobile, players are shown the information for the buff tapped.
- patch 14 January 2019 (Update):
- patch 7 January 2019 (Update):
- Trahaearn hour causes random level 90 animica rocks to spawn on each world, requiring worlds to be searched for a good pattern. In addition all mining has a higher chance for double ore, and smelting corrupted ore gives more XP.
- Ithell hour now gives a chance for soft clay mined to be put straight into the bank.
- patch 23 October 2017 (Update):
- The tooltip for the Hefin Voice of Seren has been tweaked to give a better explanation of the Agility/Prayer buff.
- patch 14 August 2017 (Update):
- Some typos on the Hefin and Crwys Voice of Seren tooltips have been fixed.
- During the Ithell Voice of Seren, the clay rocks will not deplete.
- patch 7 August 2017 (Update):
- Additional information has been added to the Voice of Seren tooltips for some of the clans in Prifddinas.
- patch 3 August 2015 (Update):
- The Voice of Seren now correctly lights up lamps and icons for the affected clan in Prifddinas across all worlds.
- ninja 6 July 2015 (Update):
- Players can now hover over the Voice of Seren icons in Prifddinas to see their benefits.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- An unlisted music track similar to Elven Voice plays throughout the active clans' districts of the city while the Voice is in effect there.
- After the release of Prifddinas, the Voice of Seren gave 20% experience boost for all the clan-related skills performed under the Voice of Seren. This was reduced for some actions to 5% when the second half of the city was released and turned to the current state on 17 November 2014. On the official forums it was told that this wouldn't happen until the first week of December. This was reverted early in January 2015.
- For quite some time, there was a common misconception that when the Iorwerth Clan district was illuminated by the Voice of Seren, this had an effect on the crystal chest drop table; this was confirmed to be incorrect by Mod Hunter.
- Smelting corrupted ore with the Voice of Seren active in the Trahaearn district used to give swamp tar prior to the Mining and Smithing rework.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Mod Osborne. "Voice of Seren - Quick Note." 10 November 2014. Recent Game Updates Forums.
- ^ Mod Hunter. 10K crystal chests VoS vs. no VoS. "If nothing else all of your testing has at least gained mod confirmation that there isn't - and has never been - any impact from the VoS on the crystal chest. I've had a look at the original elf city design documents put out to players as well as internal documents and didn't find anything mentioning it as an intended feature. Most other searching loops back to runewiki as a source, so I would be interested to learn where the belief it had an effect originated!"*
|Tower of Voices|