Transcript of Mourning's End Part I journal entry
- I have been asked by Eluned to go and see Arianwyn in a village called Lletya. She volunteered to show me the way there. I should take her up on the offer.
- Finding Lletya took no time at all with Eluned's help. Now I should look for Arianwyn.
- Talking to Arianwyn has revealed that the Mourners are really Elves. I have been asked to infiltrate the Mourners to find out their plans. Arianwyn also told me of large numbers of Mourners crossing the mountain pass through Arandar.
- After slaying one of the Mourners traversing the overpass, I was able to get full Mourner garb and a letter of recommendation. Unfortunately I got blood on the top and ripped the trousers I managed to steal some soap in order to wash the blood stains out of the top.
- The Mourner trousers were repaired by an Elven seamstress.
- Infiltrating the Mourners' hideout was easy once I had all the right gear.
- I have met the real head of the Mourners, he accepted my stolen letter of recommendation.
- Before I can gain his trust, I must do a bit of the Mourners' dirty work.
- I have been asked to help propagate the deception of the plague by re-dyeing the local sheep. It's important that I'm not seen doing this so I've been given a gnomic gadget to help, unfortunately the device needs fixing and all of the projectiles it launches have been used up.
- The Head Mourner also gave me a key that lets me into a torture room where I can find a gnome inventor, who should be able to tell me how to fix the gadget.
- I think this gnome is going to need a little incentive to tell me what I need to know.
- The gnome let slip that he can't stand to have his feet tickled, and that he loves toad crunchies.
- I tickled the gnome's feet which he really didn't like, but I don't think that is enough encouragement on its own.
- After tempting the gnome inventor with some toad crunchies and threatening to tickle his feet again, he agreed to help me fix the strange device.
- He asked that I get him soft leather and some magic logs, I also promised to give him the toad crunchies for fixing it.
- I have released the gnome inventor from the rack so he can fix the device for me.
- I have given all the necessary materials to the gnome.
- The gnome returned the device to me, it looks like it's all fixed.
- Now I need to work out what to use for the parcels it fires.
- Dye-filled toads seem to fit the device perfectly.
- I have dyed the red sheep.
- I have dyed the blue sheep.
- I have dyed the green sheep.
- I have dyed the yellow sheep.
- Now that I have dyed all the sheep, I should report back to the Head Mourner.
- The Head Mourner has now asked that I poison two of the food stores of West Ardougne with a non-lethal toxin.
- He told me about some joker who poisoned their food. but he doesn't know who or what the poison was.
- I guess that was me putting that rotten apple in their stew.
- I think I need to talk to someone who knows about this sort of thing.
- I have been to see Elena, she seems to know quite a bit about biology and toxins.
- She asked that I get a sample of rotten apple for her to test.
- I have given a sample of rotten apple to Elena, she needs to run a few tests on it before she can tell me about the toxin that affected the Mourners.
- Elena completed the tests and found the poison that affected the Mourners was infact a toxic byproduct of the mould that grew on the apples.
- I have been told how to a produce a large amount of pure toxin;
- The first thing I'll need to do is find a huge amount of rotten apples.
- The orchard Elena told me about had piles of them!
- Now I have the apples I will need to mash them up somehow.
- I found an old apple press in the orchard that did just the thing.
- Adding a solvent to the mashed apples should dissolve the toxin I need.
- The naphtha I made for the fire bomb was the perfect solvent.
- I will then need to remove the now useless mush, Elena gave me a sieve to help with this.
- Finally heating the mix should evaporate off the solvent, which will leave me with the toxin I need.
- At last I have the toxin. I must locate and contaminate two of the food stores in west Ardougne.
- I have poisoned the food stores, I should go and tell the Head Mourner that the task is done.
- After telling the Head Mourner that I'd completed poisoning the city he let me in on some of their plans.
- It seems they're searching for a lost temple deep under the mountains to the west of Ardougne.
|Part 6 of the Elf quest series|