|Release||19 July 2005 (Update)|
|Quest item||Mourning's End Part I|
|High alch||90 coins|
|Low alch||60 coins|
|A device for firing dye.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The fixed device is a gnomish contraption used in the Mourning's End Part I quest to apply dye to Farmer Brumty's sheep. It requires level 60 Ranged to wield. It uses dyed toads as ammo, which players make by filling Ogre bellows with any dye (except orange, pink and purple), then using the bellows on a Swamp toad. Only one toad may be placed in the device at a time, and the device can only be wielded when filled with ammo. When equipped, it can be fired by right clicking and selecting "Fire" from the equipment menu.
After the quest is complete, players can still use the fixed device as usual, firing it at anyone and anything they wish. Players wishing to use this item for an extended amount of time can collect as many dyed toads as they want. It is also easier to use the device if a player has two of them: one to wield and one to keep in the inventory. This makes things easier because using a toad on the device in the player's inventory will also load the device being wielded, allowing it to be fired over and over without taking it off after each shot.
If lost, players can re-obtain a broken device and ask the gnome to fix it. You will need more leather, toad crunchies and another magic log. He will still do this after the quest is complete until Plague's End is started.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Two-handed crossbows|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||34.0%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 9 August 2011 (Update):
- The running animation when wielding the fixed device has been tweaked.
- patch 8 July 2009 (Update):
- Resolved an issue when wearing wide-brimmed hats and wielding the fixed device.
- patch 19 May 2009 (Update):
- Players should now properly hold the fixed device from Mourning's Ends Part I.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If the player casts Bloom from the Ivandis flail or silver sickle (b), the fixed device will not move with the player's arms or disappear like other weapons.
- The fixed device was originally much larger and held over the shoulder, making it resemble a real-life rocket launcher. With the release of the Evolution of Combat, it was reduced in size and given the animations of a two-handed crossbow.
|Part 6 of the Elf quest series|