Quick guide for Mourning's End Part I
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Eluned in Isafdar - either east of the current Tyras Camp or east of the remains of the former one.|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Official length||Long to Very Long|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.
Items marked with an asterisk can easily be obtained during the quest.
|Enemies to defeat||
Meeting the rebels[edit | edit source]
Mourners in the mountains[edit | edit source]
Items needed: Combat gear, two pieces of silk, crystal teleport seed, some bear fur, a bucket of water, and 8 free inventory spaces.
- Make your way to Arandar either by heading to the entrance on the Kandarin side, exiting Lletya and heading north to the Tirannwn side, using a Traveller's necklace to the Outpost and running west, or by using Home Teleport to Eagles' Peak and walking south.
- Find a mourner and kill him. Pick up the mourner gear and Mourner letter. Read the letter.
- It is suggested to get two sets to fix up as you will need a spare set for Within the Light.
- Go to Taverley and talk to Tegid near the lake.
- Steal the soap from the laundry basket near him.
- Use it on the bloody mourner top with a bucket of water in your inventory.
- Return to Lletya with your crystal teleport seed.
- Talk to Oronwen in the clothing shop , talk again
- After one minute has elapsed, talk to her again for the trousers. (If you have a 2nd pair of trousers being repaired, make sure to collect them before leaving or you won't be able to enter the Mourners HQ).
Amongst the Death Guard[edit | edit source]
Items needed: Mourner gear, the mourner's letter, a feather, some toad crunchies, leather, and a magic log
- Wearing only the mourner suit, head inside the Mourners' headquarters (north-east corner inside of West Ardougne).
- If you cannot enter the headquarters, re-equip your mourner suit.
- Descend the trapdoor and talk to the Head Mourner.
- Talk to the gnome on a rack in the room west.
- Use a feather on him twice with the toad crunchies in your inventory.
- Talk to the gnome again with a magic log and leather in your inventory.
- Right-click Release him.
- After one minute has elapsed, talk to the gnome again for a fixed device. If he disappeared, simply lobby.
Dyeing the non-dying[edit | edit source]
Items needed: Ogre bellows, fixed device, mourner gear, and at least one bottle of dye of each colour: red, green, blue and yellow. Recommended to bring at least 3 of each dye.
- Repeat the process for each bottle of dye (it is highly recommended that you make multiple of each toad).
- Make your way to the fields north of East Ardougne, where Brumty's sheep roam.
- Use a toad matching the colour of the nearby sheep on the launcher in your inventory, equip it.
- Open the equipment tab. Right-click Fire.
- Use the arrows to aim at a sheep and then press the middle "FIRE!" button once it is in the middle of the screen.
- Do that for the three other sets of sheep, making sure to match the colour of the toad to the colour of the sheep.
- Return to the Head Mourner.
Elena's advice[edit | edit source]
Items needed: Rotten apple, approximately 20 pieces of coal and the Big Book of Bangs, or a barrel of naphtha if you made one extra during Regicide
Apples in a barrel[edit | edit source]
After the naphtha[edit | edit source]
Skip this section if you have an extra barrel of naphtha from Regicide.
- Return to Isafdar, head to the Poison Waste a few steps south of the lodestone.
- Fill your barrel with coal-tar.
- Go to the fractionation still in Rimmington outside of the chemist's house.
- Use the barrel of coal-tar on the still.
- Rotate the tar regulator clockwise twice (don't do a complete rotation), to make the tar flow at maximum. The 'pressure' indicator on the left should go up.
- When the pressure enters the green region, rotate the pressure valve clockwise once to let out some pressure. This should stall the pressure indicator.
- Start adding coal. This raises the 'heat' indicator on the right. If it's below the green region, add more coal. If it's above, don't add coal until it gets lower.
- If the heat reading reaches the dark orange portion, you've spoiled your compound and must start again.
- If you run out of coal, your progress will be saved, but you will have to re-set the pressure to add more coal to it.
- Exit the interface once the green bar is full.
Preparing the poison[edit | edit source]
- Use the barrel of naphtha on the Apple barrel. Make sure to have an extra empty barrel in your inventory.
- Use the apple mix on your sieve. This was given to you by Elena when she identified the toxin.
- Use the toxic naphtha on a cooking range, there is one in the Mourner Headquarters to get 2 toxic powder.
- Do not use it on an open fire, as the naphtha will explode.
West Ardougne's woe[edit | edit source]
- Enter the largest building in the centre of West Ardougne. In the room to the left are sacks of grain.
- Use one toxic powder on the sacks.
- Head to the church to the south to poison the second set of grain upstairs.
- Return to the Head Mourner in the headquarters.
- Quest complete!
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 2 quest points
- 25,000 experience lamp
- 25,000 experience lamp
- Access to the Death Guard headquarters and the village of Lletya
- Crystal teleport seed
- Full mourner gear
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys and 2 Hearts of Ice
- Music unlocked
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Mourning's End Part I is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
It is therefore an indirect requirement for the following quests and miniquests:
|Part 6 of the Elf quest series|