The music playlist is a feature added to the Music tab with the Music Playlist update on 8 February 2010. The feature allows players to select up to one-hundred music tracks from the Music Player to be "favourited". These will be played when the playlist feature is turned on. A music track is selected to be added to the Playlist by clicking one of the green boxes beside each track. Tracks can be moved in the playlist by clicking and dragging them, or they can be removed by ticking the red box on either the full list of tracks or from the playlist itself.
The "Shuffle" option plays a random track from the playlist and the "Clear" option removes all songs. If the playlist is not selected to be on, random tracks specific to the area will play as normal unless interrupted by a jingle such as levelling up a skill or updating a Grand Exchange offer. When this happens, the soundtrack playing is paused for the jingle, and generally restarts afterwards.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 6 April 2021 (Update):
- The Music Playlist has been expanded from 30 to 100 slots, more than tripling the number of favourite songs you can blast on your journey around Gielinor.
- The Music Playlist now lists the number of tracks that have been added to it.
- patch 12 February 2018 (Update):
- Playlist mode on the music player no longer plays incorrect tracks.
- patch 7 December 2010 (Update):
- The Hope Devourer music track is now correctly ordered in the music list.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The images of the playlist and list of music tracks in the Knowledge Base shows a total 726 tracks, but it was wrong until the Void Stares Back was released.
- There is a glitch that if a Grand Exchange offer completes, the playlist won't start to play. The current song may be the first one in the playlist, but it isn't playing.
- Initially the playlist could only hold 12 music tracks. This was increased to 30 on 14 September 2015, and 100 on 5 April 2021.
|Official Sound Tracks|