Additionally, one can set the volume of the ambient sounds, which are the sound effects that are produced by the location, pets or other players.
Some sound effects were updated on 18 October 2010. These effects replaced sounds such as woodcutting, mining, and taking damage with new sounds, which are not made from a synthesiser, like all other sounds. Now when a player takes damage which takes away life points a sound effect is played which sounds like a grunt of pain from the character.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- A stray water sound effect east of castle wars has been removed.
- patch 10 April 2017 (Update):
- A whispering voices ambient sound used in a few eerie places has been edited.
- patch 15 August 2016 (Update):
- Replaced several hundred synthesized looping sound effects with more realistic non-synthesized ones.
- patch 5 October 2015 (Update):
- Several sounds have been removed from the audio sliders on the log-in screen.
- patch 8 June 2015 (Update):
- An issue where certain fishing sound effects stopped working has been fixed.
- patch 5 January 2015 (Update):
- Siphoning from an enriched spring now has audio.
- Updated the sounds for cutting and shaping canoes.
- The sound effect for opening and closing the Bank interface has been removed.
- The 'trade complete' jingle for the Grand Exchange has been updated.
- patch 24 November 2014 (Update):
- A potentially confusing sound effect - previously played while walking with certain scimitars equipped - has been removed.
- patch 9 November 2010 (Update):
- Poisoned sheep now have new sound effects.
- Falador cow calves have now discovered they can moo.
- patch 2 November 2010 (Update):
- The dwarf handcannon now has a sound effect for its special attack.
- The foreman of Karamja’s shipyard now uses a more powerful punch sound effect.
- Black Heather now sounds a lot more female.
- patch 11 January 2010 (Update):
- Added sea sounds when taking boat journeys.
- Improved various sound effects during Royal Trouble.
- Increased the range of ambient sound effects in the southern desert area.
- Updated the opening sounds for some of the doors/gates in Regicide.
- Cows have been given lessons so they can moo properly.
- The sound when casting Plank Make has had its volume reduced slightly.
- Added fountain sound effects in Nardah.
- Added a sound when you pickpocket the Ring of Charos.
- Added cleaning sounds when removing the dirt from grimy herbs.
- Added some dragon stomping sounds to the tutorial.
- Added bellow sounds to the blacksmith in Lumbridge.
- Added a sound to accompany the "You already have full Prayer Points" message and the Idea emote.
- Ensured that a hit sound isn't played if no damage is done.
- Improved the timing of the sound played when you die to start and finish earlier.
- patch 8 July 2009 (Update):
- Added sounds for watering plants in pots and filling plant pots with compost/supercompost.
- Flies can be heard from further away.
- Made the sounds associated with leather armour a bit more realistic.
- patch 19 May 2009 (Update):
- Improved the sound effects for dropping the Ring of Charos down the well and later retrieving it.
- Added sounds to the higher areas in Ape Atoll.
- Added sound effects to scenery near Varrock church.
- Added sounds for the Ice Queen when defending herself.
- Added various sound effects to the Meeting History quest.
- Added sounds to the Entrana firebird when burning and flapping.
- Flooding sounds in the Cabin Fever quest are now a bit more audible.
- Various improvements to the audio in the Underground Pass quest.
|Official Sound Tracks|