- 1 Archives
- 2 Talk
- 2.1 The Wikian Title
- 2.2 Daemoncap zygomite
- 2.3 RE:Chinchompa images
- 2.4 Drinking horn
- 2.5 RE: Transparency
- 2.6 RE:Pestilence chathead
- 2.7 Updated history
- 2.8 Collaged Images
- 2.9 Anti-aliasing
- 2.10 OSWF
- 2.11 Bonds
- 2.12 Re: One Small Wiki Favour
- 2.13 Vote in the Weird Gloop elections!
- 2.14 Technical question
- 2.15 Update history icons
- 2.16 Image editing
- 2.17 Translucency
- 2.18 What's wrong with my edit?
- 2.19 Thanks for explaining
- 2.20 Reward?
- 2.21 Image quality assurance
- 2.22 Do you want a free wiki t-shirt?
The Wikian Title[edit source]
Hi Merdalhas, your request for the Wikian title was successful. Please contact Gaz Lloyd on his talk page, in the wiki Discord channel, or in-game (RSN: Gaz_Lloyd) so that he may give you the title. Sincerely, --LiquidTalk 20:16, August 23, 2018 (UTC)
- Received :D 21:26, August 23, 2018 (UTC)
Daemoncap zygomite[edit source]
I'm not sure it's Daemonheim-related at all. It might require specific season and/or time of day to breed, or it's simply glitched. I haven't seen anyone with this type of zygomite yet. I think Jagex have been queried about this already, we'll see what the response is. Also, this seems to be my 10,000th edit on RS Wiki. Here's to a myriad more! 5-x Talk 11:29, September 23, 2018 (UTC)
- I'm sure by now you've seen the patch notes, it also seems the first daemoncaps have entered the game. Mystery solved. 5-x Talk 20:36, September 24, 2018 (UTC)
RE:Chinchompa images[edit source]
Not sure what you mean, I just prefer being able to see more of their cute faces <3.14:49, 5 October 2018 (UTC)
- Can't relly see their faces with side view. 14:55, 5 October 2018 (UTC)
Drinking horn[edit source]
Hi. What is the reason for undoing my edits on drinking horn? There are 2 variants of the item; one given for RuneFest attendees and other for those who claim it from Diango or Ianto. You just removed about all the info about the livestream variant. Thingummywut (talk) 14:50, 6 October 2018 (UTC)
RE: Transparency[edit source]
Hey Merds - Thanks for the heads up, I had actually selected the feather edges option and didn't notice just how feathered it was! I'll take your advise and read through the link you sent. Appreciate the help! Alc0holic (talk) 11:29, 9 October 2018 (UTC)
RE: Inventory icons[edit source]
Hey again Merds - That poor White Ewe, at first I thought, "what the heck is he talking about?" until I saw what you meant. I'll read up on the guide for the inventory icons, I hadn't changed anything on my free-select so not sure why it's so fuzzy. I think I might take a break for a bit lol Alc0holic (talk) 10:11, 11 October 2018 (UTC)
- Hey Merds - Thanks for the advice on the inventory icons, I did fix the the poor sheep. I also thought I'd make a joke by sending you a image with the sheep with no head, and a brain instead. I have now realized it was published for all to see and I've set it to speedy deletion lol Alc0holic (talk) 10:32, 11 October 2018 (UTC)
- Hey Merds - Everytime I see a message from you I think "Oh god, what didn't I do?" I realized maybe 10 images deep that I wasn't taking the full size image. I'll make sure to download the original. All in all, I don't think there's much else I can do wrong. (I've jinxed it haven't I?) Alc0holic (talk) 05:35, 12 October 2018 (UTC)
RE:Pestilence chathead[edit source]
ALL of Fswe1's images are taken in Java. Pest is just as translucent in my image, I just didn't apply translucency since it was taken on a dark background. here's an alternate version you could apply translucency to if you'd prefer it. 13:50, 29 October 2018 (UTC)
- No circle is just lag causing the chathead model to render before the circle does. Switching between Legacy and NIS interfaces can cause it for me while everything loads, but I expect it's more difficult on faster machines. 17:42, 29 October 2018 (UTC)
Updated history[edit source]
Collaged Images[edit source]
- Hi, thanks 😁 Yes, the images are from jagex. I took them separately from their site and merged them in Photoshop so they look like the site. 21:40, 31 May 2019 (UTC)
Hey, got a message from someone to make sure I was on the list for bonds. I did the 4 update histories (1 bond worth) for the task that ended on Sept 4th. RSN: Crota. Cones (talk) 04:48, 11 September 2019 (UTC)
Hate to bug you about this but I noticed on the oswf archive for the last week it says I'm owed 1 bond though I did 8 update histories. Just want to make sure I'm on the list for 2. RSN: Crota Cones (talk) 02:05, 19 September 2019 (UTC)
Re: One Small Wiki Favour[edit source]
Replied on Discord. To add to that: I'll be working on some image translucencies when I have the time. -- 05:22, 10 October 2019 (UTC)
Vote in the Weird Gloop elections![edit source]
Because of your involvement with the wiki, you are eligible to vote on the candidates for the board of Weird Gloop, the company that hosts the RuneScape and Old School RuneScape wikis.
There are 4 candidates for RuneScape, 4 candidates for OSRS, and 1 candidate for pt-RuneScape. If you'd like to influence who represents the voices of these communities inside the company, I strongly encourage you to vote! You are one of only 204 people that meet the requirements, and this is a chance to help shape the future of the wikis.
Technical question[edit source]
Hey, I'm not sure how to take photos correctly; I've just been pasting a printscreen in Paint and cropping that image (without zooming). Is it maybe because of the resolution of my screen? Which in-game settings should I be using? Is there any specific way to take pictures I'm missing?21:01, 5 January 2020 (UTC)
Update history icons[edit source]
For the Update:Patch_Notes_(3_February_2020) page I had to add 3 new icons, but I'm not quite sure how to integrate them properly into the docs and stuff as they invoke from other places and I know 0.01% of coding so I managed to put them in Module:Update_big but I'm not sure what else I have to do. Specifically talking about the mining, smithing & interface icon they used on today's patch notes. Goos09 Talk 17:07, 3 February 2020 (UTC)
Hey again, thanks for you reply
I added the Mining, Smithing and Interface header icons to wiki and to the Module:Update_big as they were used in today's patch notes, I'm just not sure how to make them also show up in the doc (Template:UB/doc) page for example. Goos09 Talk 18:14, 3 February 2020 (UTC)
Image editing[edit source]
Thanks for your comments. I will ensure that the images are cropped once edited that is no problem at all. Can you please confirm the second part of your request so I can ensure that I am also doing this? Is this just removing the uploaded image that gets uploaded to the project page? Really enjoy editing these images want to make sure that the content is as good as it can be!
Thanks and no need to apologise! Don't know why I was finding that one so difficult, think i just tried to fix the previous one as opposed to starting again! I have learnt from this to use a black background layer as a reference for translucency editing, as no background doesn't always show you the way it is (Especially with mist/smoke like that! I will take what I have learnt and move on to the next one!
What's wrong with my edit?[edit source]
Hi. I submitted an edit of an image (of "Alpheus") with transparency added. But you reverted it, with the comment "anti-aliasing please".
I don't know what you want/what is wrong. Please elaborate. Do you want anti-aliasing & there isn't any? Do you want no anti-aliasing & there is some? Can you direct me to what part of the image has the problem so I can understand what the problem is and how to correct it if possible?
Also, please note that I downloaded the already posted image & only edited out the background. If the problem is in the source image itself, that is not something I can fix; you would have to upload a completely new image. A Noni Mouse (talk) 23:14, 8 May 2020 (UTC)
Thanks for explaining[edit source]
Anti-aliasing can be a tricky subject sometimes. I usually leave it off in my tool settings because it can make the selection "overrun" sometimes, especially when two parts of an image are very close in color/value. So I usually just use tools for the "rough" edit & fix fine details by hand. Now that I understand what you're wanting, no problemos. A Noni Mouse (talk) 00:34, 9 May 2020 (UTC)
- Prompt verify and reward, i apologize once again for sudden afk friend! To more transcriptions for this wikispace! Be Done Talking ” 03:17, 10 June 2020 (UTC) “
Image quality assurance[edit source]
Hey Merds, thanks for the feedback on the clover amulet. What tools do you personally use to check for patchiness in the transparent regions? I looked with every color of underlay I can think of and I can't see the brownish background you speak of. Cheers! Crimzaine (talk) 21:59, 27 August 2020 (UTC)
- Fantastic! The background color is only subtly different from black without the two seen adjacent. I'll be sure to check in Chrome before submitting images from now on. I'll also look for edges effects at 2x scaling. Thanks again. Crimzaine (talk) 00:08, 28 August 2020 (UTC)
Do you want a free wiki t-shirt?[edit source]
To celebrate the two-year anniversary of the new site, we're giving away RuneScape Wiki t-shirts to a bunch of wiki editors. Because of your contributions to the community over the last year, we'd like to send you one! If you're interested, go fill out this form, and we'll get those shipped out before the end of the month.
If you have any questions, shoot me a talk page message or a DM on Discord (Cook#2222). Thanks!