|Userpage • Talk page • Contributions • Edit count • Sandbox|
|Place new messages at the bottom of this page.|
Hello, 5-x, and welcome to the RuneScape Wiki!
Thank you for taking an interest in our wiki. If you have any trouble or need help, feel free to ask questions on my talk page. You can also look at a help page or shout out on the local forums. We hope you like it here and decide to stay!
Here are a few pages to help out new editors such as yourself:
When leaving comments on talk pages, please sign your name by using four tildes (~~~~) or the "sign" button () above the edit box. This will automatically produce your name and the date. Signing your comments is important, as it lets other editors know who has posted which comments.
Again, welcome!20:23, February 20, 2010 (UTC)
There are several levels of brutes found in Dungeoneering. Each dungeon I've done has Brutes that drop Bathus to Promethium mauls. I've never seen a Brute using a novite maul before, if you can find that and if i edited the page in 2010-2011 then it was my fault. But I never added that (i think) to the page.
Learn how to use it. It's not difficult.21:27, January 8, 2013 (UTC)
My borken siggies[edit source]
Yes, thanks, I'm aware that on some pages my signature is broken. But thanks to some-one I managed to fix it a few days ago xD07:04, January 9, 2013 (UTC)
Steadfast boots[edit source]
Can you two please stop undoing each other and have a discussion about who is right. Please remember RS:3RR. I've left an equivalent message on the other person's talk page. 222 talk 12:05, January 18, 2013 (UTC)
- Yep. We've now got a message on the sitenotice so hopefully people see it and double check before they add data. 222 talk 00:36, January 19, 2013 (UTC)
Special attacks[edit source]
Please don't remove special attack animations from pages, replacing them with a standard message that is not informative. Feel free to mention the fact that weapon X used to have a special in the trivia, but please specify the name and what it did, and keep the animation for historical purposes. That's what trivia are for, after all. Also, it took a while to restore all pages. >.> Thanks.17:56, February 21, 2013 (UTC)
- Well, frankly, a mention in the trivia "Thingy used to have a special attack before the EoC called Pummel. This would instantly kill the enemy with cabbage." and an animation is minimal and considerably more informative than "Thingy used to have a special attack before the EoC.". It's not like I'm making entire sections for them. As for the undoing, my undoings got undone now (I have a headache <.>), so I'll just stuff them in Special Attacks/Gallery. Or something. Sorry for wasting your time. >.< 18:17, February 21, 2013 (UTC)
Edit to DungTable[edit source]
Thanks for fixing that, I added knives functionality on later, and must have forgotten to do that :$
Also, I love your use of "wikia-menu-button" in your navigation :)
- REDIRECT User:Fewfre/signature.css
Moving pages[edit source]
- Always check Special:WhatLinksHere for the page you have just moved. This morning there are 46 Double Redirects that need fixing.
- (and this is more important) If you're going to move a page check everything on it works. Moving those 6 pages broke the exchange price for every one and left 12 wanted pages.
- I'm not saying don't move pages (you did it for the right reasons), just check what links to a page when you do. cqm 10:29, 27 Jun 2013 (UTC) (UTC)
Rogue outfit/rubble[edit source]
- Thanks for the fast reply wow :P Uhh that information was really appreciated. So it's bad that I'm doing it in a Brazilian world? I went to a foreign world so nobody would steal my rubble.. there aren't many people there anyways :o --BrenRS (talk) 10:57, November 2, 2013 (UTC)
Do you still have those shells you took detailed images from? I you do, could you upload them again, but untransed? I'd like to redo the transparancy as the current one isn't exactly right. Thanks. AmoVos 23:44, November 9, 2013 (UTC)
I hope this makes it clearer what I was trying to explain earlier:
1.  When you are drawing your lasso lines] they should outline the item's shape. If you put in too many unnecessary short lines then the image's edges will look really jagged like they did on your blue shell image. You should only be putting in changes of direction in your lasso lines where there are curves on the item you are drawing round. Zoom in if you want to see where the item's edge is more clearly; but don't go so overboard that you are lassoing around individual pixels and can no longer see the item's shape. On this picture some of the lasso lines are a little less close to the shell's edges than they would normally be (on the darker, pointier part of the shell) because I did not want to cut off extra to the parts where you did the trans close enough already.
If you are not happy with the outline you draw, remember that you can move the lasso lines by dragging the circles on them around. If you trans the image and find there's patches of the background left behind you can select those parts with the lasso and delete them without inverting your selection. 2. Remember to use the Autocrop button under the Image menu after you're done.00:38, November 10, 2013 (UTC)
Thank you a lot for uploading images!
One thing, can you addin the comment section when uploading? If you use the template option, it will add a ugly header.
Good job on the subpages, love them :)
13:42, April 11, 2014 (UTC)
Pyramid Plunder[edit source]
The second message:
16:46, May 12, 2014 (UTC)
New pages[edit source]
When you make a page about a new thing in game, could you please write something about it, rather than just putting an infobox in?15:07, May 16, 2014 (UTC)
So it just accepts integers as a list separated by commas. It also allows you to use hyphens to name ranges. So
1,2,4-7,8 would be the ids 1,2,4,5,6,7,8. If you want to see the bigger pictures instead of sprites, just change
static final boolean big to true. For sprites instead of diis, set to false. MolMan 19:57, May 20, 2014 (UTC)
I couldn't tell it had any luck at all. MolMan 12:12, July 5, 2014 (UTC)
ur an moron sorryMolMan 21:45, August 12, 2014 (UTC)
- no ur dum. adrian saidso himself -- mol man MolMan 21:58, August 12, 2014 (UTC)
ur sig[edit source]
ur css is noob
padding-top:0px; padding-bottom:1px; padding-left:2px; padding-right:4px;
padding:0px 4px 1px 2px;
Thanks and L2 MolMan 02:14, October 22, 2014 (UTC)
- Because L2CSS A website designer would be fired for being as inefficient as you. MolMan 13:19, October 22, 2014 (UTC)
- u fired MolMan 17:36, October 22, 2014 (UTC)
- Wait, what did you get? MolMan 23:20, October 25, 2014 (UTC)
https://twitter.com/NASA/status/527603727218511872 Oil4 Talk 06:31, October 30, 2014 (UTC)
Your Dad[edit source]
Yeah it'd be great if you could check whether the redirect *works* before making it rather than making a double redirect.22:58, December 12, 2014 (UTC)
please don't add a space before the <sup> tag... this breaks the link into 2 parts, which sometimes appear in 2 lines... add instead. thx!03:10, December 15, 2014 (UTC)
- Btw, we also have IP188.8.131.52 (talk) 05:11, December 15, 2014 (UTC) to avoid mixing HTML symbols in templates.
Re: Template:Dungeoneering[edit source]
I never made an alt of any kind. Whatever bullshit Oil is selling to you, you need to ignore. MolMan 19:01, December 23, 2014 (UTC)
nbsp in template[edit source]
You won't need to add them anymore, just use a regular space. We're going to have all the wrapping handled automatically with CSS. If you see any problems, clear your cache. If you still see problems, poke Cam. MolMan 02:11, January 6, 2015 (UTC)
- It is part of the cleanup progress, and results in neat, clean wiki code. Like changing [[Barrier generator|barrier generator]] to [[barrier generator]]: they both (generally) are identical in how the page is shown to users, but the former is redundant/bulky. The Ctg template also has some extra sorting features for the category listing, which may be overridden by the categories that are still on the pages themselves (I am unsure how wikia handles duplicate categories with different sorting modifiers). An example is: https://runescape.wiki/w/Barrier_generator?diff=prev&oldid=12600663 , you added the navbox, but the original [[Category:The Great Orb Project]] is still present as well. This is an example of a similar edit that cleans up the original category. IP184.108.40.206 (talk) 16:29, January 25, 2015 (UTC)
Moving templates[edit source]
Don't move pages by recreating them at another title and then redirecting the original... Do it properly. MolMan 20:23, January 25, 2015 (UTC)
"Hi I am OJ and I like to distract Isobel when she is playing RuneScape by coming into her room and becoming convinced that I am stuck in this gap between the chair and the wall"
11:34, February 19, 2015 (UTC)
Lifepoints or Life points[edit source]
Hey, sorry if I bugged you by replying about the life points. I happened to notice it and remember the thread so just thought I was being helpful, sorry again.22:10, February 25, 2015 (UTC)
- (phew) :) 23:44, February 25, 2015 (UTC)
I just made Hefin workers, Trahaearn workers, and Crwys workers do indeed have crystal weapon seeds on their loot tables, since it seems a bit out of place for them to have them. If they're not, feel free to edit the pages; a follow-up to this message would be nice, though. 15:21, April 2, 2015 (UTC)and applied them to all the worker's pages. However, I would like to know whether or not
here you go[edit source]
Regarding images[edit source]
Hey, if you're going to retake my pictures of equips because the angle is poor, can you please do so later, and instead retake the ones on [[Category:Obsolete images]], [[Category:Images lacking anti-aliasing]] and [[Category:Images needing greater detail]] first? --Jlun2 (talk) 18:12, April 29, 2015 (UTC)
Re: Weight[edit source]
Everything in Runescape is an integer. There are no floating point numbers. Runescape fudges it a bit by tracking some things to tenths, then dividing by 10 and rounding for displays. Weight is one of those things. --Saftzie (talk) 22:11, May 16, 2015 (UTC)
- In every other case, they don't store 1000ths. They only store to 10ths. You've got a bit to go to prove they do it differently for weight. --Saftzie (talk) 22:30, May 16, 2015 (UTC)
Supply weigth[edit source]
Since you're reworking the currency article, should we include all temporary currency as well? E.g. cheer points from the 2014 Christmas event, the rose petals, love notes, doubloons, ... from SoF/TH promos (you did include rare item tokens), ... IP220.127.116.11 (talk) 18:37, June 5, 2015 (UTC)
- I'd rather add them all; perhaps to a section of their own. Renown, and most (all?) minigame currency can after all also only be spent in one shop, in one way. The POP Chimes is another one that I'm not sure how to handle; either Chimes shouldn't be listed, or all POP resources should be, their use is just about identical. IP18.104.22.168 (talk) 03:00, June 6, 2015 (UTC)
Jagex really has poor foresight even now[edit source]
Especially these 2 things they would implement:
- Add higher level runecrafting gloves (e.g. nature, death, blood)
- Add herb gloves up to Torstol and fishing gloves up to rocktail
Yes, because making it unuseable in RuneSpan along with the community's XP waste mentality would mix so well. Not to mention why the hell would people buy gloves that only increases the chance of herb drops rather than downright increase amount dropped. --22:16, June 5, 2015 (UTC) —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Jlun2 (talk) on 22:16, June 5, 2015 (UTC).
RE: Templates[edit source]
So what are your suggestions to improve them?14:32, June 24, 2015 (UTC)
- It has been reverted. 14:55, June 24, 2015 (UTC)
- First of all, the templates are not pointless. They do exactly what they are supposed to do, point the user to the place where that subject is written about in detail. That's what navboxes do...
- Secondly, poorly written? It's well coded (not always the same format, because of the image used), but none the less good.
- That one wiki user is imho one of the best editors so asked him for his oppinion. But yes, I could've asked more editers.
- The requirement descriptions described in summarised form what they are and also provided a LINK which has some more information.
- So if I say castle wars you don't think about the 4k+ tickets needed for the profound armour, okay...
- Most of them have their own page or are part of a main subject e.g. Mobilising armies rank has Mobilising armies.
- Yes, consistency would be hard, because they are comp reqs. And comp reqs are about the WHOLE game and different developers and such all can have different styles. And reqs can also have different themes.
- All reqs have an icon which is directly related to it e.g. Lord Amlodd's chathead for helping him with collecting those shadow cores.
- As far as the groups go, those are up for discussion. I didn't use a key and just tried to group them together based on similarities e.g. all Prifddinas reqs (except Memoriam crystal) were put together in a group and minigames and D&Ds were put together. Without groups it looked disorganised.
- I was trying to avoid a miscellanious group, that's why those groups are "so" different.
- You should've started with "don't get me wrong" and "this is a nice idea". Not end with it... People should start with the good news and then with their critism and kindly explain why they think it's bad idea, not shit all over the hard work of someone.
- I think it would be very helpfull to be on those articles too, so people know it's comp req and be able to directly click to other reqs as they want. That's the whole point of a navbox, isn't it? Group a collection of links together about the same subject.
- And comp cape is very important subject imho and also deserves its own navbox.
But seriously comp cape deserves its own navbox.16:33, June 24, 2015 (UTC)
Awesome examine game[edit source]
- Wow, touchy... All I wanted to do was make sure. And "the other article says they cannot be alched" isn't a valid argument, prior to your edit, the SoF article said the same thing. IP22.214.171.124 (talk) 03:23, July 2, 2015 (UTC)
RE: Appeal[edit source]
no clip in RSC[edit source]
"Andrew + Mad + seeing you at runefest = Being placed in the black hole. Pro tip I still think he wears fine, red lipstick.
Oh and the way to escape the black hole was teleporting, derp. So i'll be back to making videos again."
raids announcements[edit source]
you were right about GE[edit source]
I don't have to "explain myself" at your demand.19:33, August 14, 2015 (UTC)
choose option[edit source]
These are not tags that should be used in the mainspace (or templates that are to be used in the mainspace). Beyond the randomness being unnecessary confusion for the reader, when an image or template is used in these templates, it does not register as being linked. This creates a maintenance nightmare. So no, it's not fine, and no, it won't be used. If you want to show the other images, use.
Also, there's no need to be a dick and use MolMan 22:53, August 18, 2015 (UTC)within someone else's deletion reason. If you were actually part of the subcommunity that takes part in creating navboxes, you'd know we've come to the consensus that the template is useless. It's trying to force images onto links for the sake of having images.
Apparently there are people who don't like it (anymore) and want to remove it completly. So I, IP, and some others have been removing it from navboxes. Personally I liked the template, but oh well.02:16, August 19, 2015 (UTC)
- Looks like Salix beat me to replying, but I believe the argument is that not all links should have an image. An image can provide additional information, such as a chathead or inventory icon, but large images reduced to 25x25 or adding the same image to all music track (and at a time, location) links are not really useful. When I saw the template was being removed on a grand scale, I hopped on the bandwagon to remove all usages. IP126.96.36.199 (talk) 03:42, August 19, 2015 (UTC)
golems are staying[edit source]
sounds familiar[edit source]
|“||Entrepreneurs who are naturally driven to create, build, innovate and work around-the-clock realize their dream upon selling their company. But once they do, they sometimes find themselves flush with cash but deficient in purpose.||”|
re: what the heck[edit source]
Above your block, I'm making contribution links of people whose name starts with 1 through 9 grey, because most of the time that's IPs. You're a special case in that you are not an IP address, so I have to make your contrib link blue again.15:28, September 17, 2015 (UTC)
- I explained why, you dingus. 17:10, September 17, 2015 (UTC)
Nice template![edit source]
Nice work with. Hope you don't mind that I added some spacing. 18:38, September 17, 2015 (UTC)
Apologies for that edit.[edit source]
Misuse of speedy delete[edit source]
This was not the correct use of that template. A redirect is far more appropriate. Do you have something against redirects? 12:46, September 30, 2015 (UTC)
- An I/l confusion isn't an "unlikely" typo, and someone obviously was confused enough to make a page using that spelling. In that case, it's common sense to use a redirect. 13:08, September 30, 2015 (UTC)
Why? You realize articles have this template on it and the up/down arrows indicated profit OR loss. All prices are always changing so while it may be profit at one point in time, the red down arrow suggests it can be a loss of money.
/bren/tc 23:38, October 30, 2015 (UTC)
- 5-x reverted it because it looked stupid. And because it was unnecessary. The image is just supposed to convey the idea of "money". It already does that. MolMan 23:43, October 30, 2015 (UTC)
I know you strongly oppose the comp navbox, but one of your comments was that the groups didn't make sense. So I regrouped them today and I would like your opinion on it. Rest assured, the navbox will remain in the userspace for personal use. I was just wondering what you thought of the regrouping.11:40, November 6, 2015 (UTC)
- Link 11:59, November 6, 2015 (UTC)
- I was fixing some links after my account rename and stumbled back upon the navbox page, and I remembered your grouping comment and I agreed, so I regrouped it to what I thought was best and I was just wondering what your opinion would be. Nothing less, nothing more. I do NOT want to put the template in main space, I know other editors (including you) don't like it, I just wanted to see what you thought of the regrouping. Because you brought the grouping-issue up back then. That's why I asked you. That's all. 15:34, November 6, 2015 (UTC)
Barry post elite[edit source]
re: MuudyBot[edit source]
I believe only the altar pages got messed up. I was checking every edit while saving (was just using AWB for easy regex), but it seems the altar pages went by me. Dw, it was just a 1-run thing. — Jr Mime (talk) [VSTF] 22:45, November 9, 2015 (UTC)
RE: Hey[edit source]
No problem. :) Are you already restoring the divi outfits nav?10:16, November 13, 2015 (UTC)
fpf map[edit source]
So before doing anything, I'm asking multiple people what they think of this thing I made. What do you think of it? 20:25, November 24, 2015 (UTC)
- Mol was refering to an older version with alot of sup tags, it's gone through a few revisions with feedback from both Mol and Psi at the moment. Unlike the comp navbox, this navbox only contains the journals, books, and other lore items that are required for the MQC. It doesn't contain all requirements, because some are too obscure. It may look like duplicates of e.g. the memoriam crystals and dunge journals navboxes, but those also contain items that are not required for the MQC. Anyways, that was my clarification. I realise that you think that not everything should have a navbox, with which I disagree, and that is why I filtered all the MQC reqs to only the lore reqs, excluding the miniquests, post-quest rewards, and other random reqs. That way it's just a collection that legitematly is a collection that is unified by a single purpose, the lore reqs of the MQC. Anyways I won't bother you anymore, and I'll just ask feedback from others.
14:27, November 25, 2015 (UTC)
- About that pile, the only one I can think at the moment is King Roald, which is one of the reasons I do not want to make a Varrock NPCs nav. Because Roald already has plenty of navs, plus there's Personalities of Varrock.
- I don't take it personally, but it looks like I cannot do anything good according to you. The only time I saw a positive message from you was when I was helping to replace/remove the Divi nav from several pages after the outfits and other divi benefits were removed from it. Which is another point, others don't tend to make sure a nav is at the article it includes and vice versa, but you and I do make sure it is, atleast in the case of the Divi and Divi outfits navs. And about YG, I didn't have the time yet, but I'm going to put it there now.
18:58, November 25, 2015 (UTC)
- Anyways, it's on Yew Grove. 19:17, November 25, 2015 (UTC)
RE: Memo/Banker's diary[edit source]
3RR states: "do not revert it 3 times within 24 hours", I only reverted it twice thus far. And as for the actual topic, if you consider it insignificant then I won't bother anymore.12:24, December 15, 2015 (UTC)
- I was planning to add the transcript, but I haven't been to Tutorial Island today. I do have some images of it, but they're not wiki-worthy yet (not 4x AA and stuff). So I'll retake the images as well when I'm there. :) 13:30, December 15, 2015 (UTC)
RE: Template:Timbo's trees[edit source]
No, I am not. It's all related by one single subject and I have a feeling we will be seeing more related to the removal of trees by Mod Timbo. Granted if it was just the timbo tree in Yanille and the protected tree in Varrock, then yes it would not deserve a template because of the loose connection. But now there's Farmer Jimbo who is the connection in-game lorewise between these trees. And I'm sure, it's not the last we'll see from this easter-egg inspired by the removal of trees by Mod Timbo.17:45, December 15, 2015 (UTC)
since you asked[edit source]
War never changes.
Wrong namespace?[edit source]
Hello, this must be the first wiki ever that I have seen in my life that gives a wrong namespace to a template that is for my userpage. Why is it wrong, and how can I fix it? It would be nice, and it would at least be polite to tell me through the talk page how I can fix it, rather than just blatantly marking my template for deletion. Or, for that matter, point me in the right direction, like rules, to show why my template is for deletion. Regards, JorisCeoen (RS) 10:55, December 25, 2015 (UTC)
quick pic of token journal[edit source]
Scroll box position[edit source]
MolMan 19:51, January 15, 2016 (UTC)
Re: Discovery[edit source]
I can confirm those images shortly. If they actually are the same on different characters. I have a secondary account taht I just need 1 more crafting level on then I can start Invention on it as well. I'll keep you posted. CJWCjwill18 (talk) 11:35, January 27, 2016 (UTC)
Re: Stop[edit source]
Grouping discussion[edit source]
If you could take whatever's up your ass out that'd be great. 19:01, January 30, 2016 (UTC)
About the 1000 samples statistics[edit source]
I wonder what's the proper practice to tell others about the result of my research on disassembling some items? Since I place it in the page of pack yak pouch, but it is removed. Therefore, what is the proper way to place the results? Thanks in advance.
16:05, February 11, 2016 (UTC)
what i meant[edit source]
Yes. Because the lightweigth feathers cannot be added to Template:Experience boosting sets as it's not an item that boosts experience and you also cannot wear it. But it's an instrumental part of the Nimble and Fletcher's outfits. Neither can the NPCs involved in the TH promotion be added to the previously mentioned navbox. So it got its own navbox. And yes, they are all part of the same subject, the same promotion, which is why they got their own navbox. 21:14, March 9, 2016 (UTC)
- It was a funny coincidence btw that I guessed the name of the promotion, the promotion is literally named "Nimble and Fletcher's outfits". :) 21:32, March 9, 2016 (UTC)
I'm not sure why you think "Which holiday event does your oldest untradeable holiday item come from?" is any better of a question that "Who is your favourite goebie?", but please leave the poll alone. Several people asked for a better poll, and those people also enjoyed the Goebie question. This question is also Mod Shauny approved. I know it crushes your ego that your poll question has run its course, but times change, and we need to change with them. MolMan 21:48, March 12, 2016 (UTC)
Re: NXT[edit source]
Gratz with the Trimmed Comp cape! =D19:30, May 25, 2016 (UTC)
item in nxt with different settings[edit source]
thaler scape forever[edit source]
no one likes MA[edit source]
Tool belt[edit source]
Thank you so much for correcting all those "toolbelt" things that are all over the Wiki - you are a gentleman and a scholar! :)
requested: wmm[edit source]
Just wanted to say a thank-you for cleaning up behind my [[Template:Infobox ore]] edits. Was juggling a lot of open tabs before I got a good work flow going on, and you cleaning up behind me made it all easier. I appreciate that; cheers! — Heaven Sent (talk) 18:15, September 9, 2016 (UTC)
Probably relevant to your interests[edit source]
https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/5pe8uw/bug_camel_warrior_mirages_after_elite_slayer_mob/ --Jlun2 (talk) 02:30, January 22, 2017 (UTC)
Clan chat[edit source]
Hi. I appreciate that you probably do not want to hear this from me, or to have this said so publicly; but since I have not been able to contact you in-game and that I think someone needs to tell you this, I am posting this here. Your attitude and behaviour in the clan chat need to change. You are aggravating an increasing number of people by coming across as arrogant, entitled and rude - for example in repeatedly complaining about new content being bad because you have not been able to complete it and regain your comp cape, as you have been doing over the past few days. I don't believe that this is the first time this has been pointed out to you: at this point we really have to question why you are trusted as an admin, supposedly an example of what we expect clan users to behave like, unless there is an improvement on your part.16:28, September 27, 2016 (UTC)
there goes my 200m plans[edit source]
Tree Man finally uses wiki[edit source]
Thank you for all the help with signatures - this is the result!18:07, December 7, 2016 (UTC)
Hey dude, I'm a new editor and I love your signature. Mind if I use it as the base template to make my own? I'll change the colours and some details ofcourse. Thanks.RSChetFaker (talk) 18:58, December 8, 2016 (UTC)
the Wikian title[edit source]
Hello! Following the discussion at RuneScape:The Wikian, you have been granted the Wikian title! Please make arrangements with Gaz Lloyd to receive the title in game. If you could please add your in-game name to RuneScape:The Wikian/Users, it would be most appreciated. Thanks and congratulations! 01:15, December 14, 2016 (UTC)
Re: Raptor key - Sources[edit source]
I have updated the Raptor key article with both of the sources I consulted in order to authenticate the changes I have made - one citing Mod Shauny's Patch Notes and another referencing Mod Shogun's response to a recent Reddit post. If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me at any time.
I got 97% in english writing, just to let you know. Now please excuse me, I'll go kill some wfs.
01:23, July 9, 2017 (UTC)
Vorago/Strategies is completely filled, so it has a header at the bottom that links to the Vorago/Duo page. Team Split is how it is displayed in game. Vitalis is the only phase 3 with bleeds. You marked the Vorago/Duo page for deletion why? if you read it, its entirely different to the Vorago/Strategies page as it has strategies specifically for duos. 14:26, December 9, 2017 (UTC)
Please ensure that you follow UTP. Rude, patronising messages like this are not at all warranted. For the record, it was me that asked for manhattan to add the templates to pages using his bot. The templates/categories for missing images are the best solution to track various types of images that aren't included in infoboxes. As he has explained this was based off a python script which is why there are false positives or things which do not actually need a chatheads etc. This is also a problem with categories like Category:Needs map that are nothing to do with mistakes being made by a bot: in both cases manual corrections are needed. If you want to discuss this further remember to keep your interactions civil at all times. Thanks, 10:50, December 27, 2017 (UTC)
- If you can't see the problem with that message then I'm not particularly sure what to suggest. As you know repeatedly breaking UTP means you will end up being blocked, so I can only repeat that you should endeavour to avoid breaking UTP in your future interactions with editors. As I requested the tags be added, I would be the person responsible for clearing the unnecessary ones. I certainly intend to do so, but don't expect to see that any time soon as I'm working on some other image things right now and it's not my priority to get the de-tagging done straight away. 21:34, December 29, 2017 (UTC)
RE: Boss collection log items[edit source]
Hi, the syntax highlighting can't handle the fact that the tables are built with thetemplate to make tables working within a template. As for the purpose, the template exists so the same table of items can be shown on the feat page and the page of the corresponding title, without duplicating that data and having to update two pages instead of one if needed to. 18:49, February 3, 2018 (UTC)
- I've fixed the syntax highlighting issue. :) 01:06, February 4, 2018 (UTC)
You Are It[edit source]
Do you have a source on this being the quest name please?10:32, May 4, 2018 (UTC)
Achievements total?[edit source]
Hey 5-x, what's your source for the total being 24 too much? A fellow player and I made a list of all achievements (including the hidden ones and the chained ones) and we come to a total of 1841, where do those 24 other ones come from? 12:07, June 4, 2018 (UTC)
- Just curious, how did you determine the total? 13:37, June 5, 2018 (UTC)
RE:Achievement templates[edit source]
Hi 5, thanks for reminding me. They do now. :)22:16, July 15, 2018 (UTC)
List of achievements[edit source]
I've added that note as people were confused why the amounts on the wiki differed from the amounts found in-game. I've been discussing it with Mod Asherz for several months now, he (or others) have fixed a lot of the issues I mentioned to him already, but some remain. However as he is busy with Mobile, this has become a very low priority understandibly. However it seems Mod Shogun is interested in fixing it possibly if time permits while he's working on the M&S rework as noted on the reddit post. 16:49, August 1, 2018 (UTC)
Are you perhaps viewing desktop mode on mobile? As it is known that the CSS or JS or whatever is not working for chatl as well as plinksized and other templates that manipulate the image's size on mobile. For me on PC (Windows 10), Chrome, and Oasis those images are smaller as intended. Is your 'setup' different from what I just described?18:54, August 20, 2018 (UTC)
I saw your edit summary - FYI, the newer ability icons were uploaded at a larger size because that's the size of all of the ability icons in the cache, and I ripped them for Kelsey to upload. The plan is to upload the size that they're stored at in the cache for all abilities, but we're very much aware that there's a lot of places where the size is assumed to be 30px and would break jayden 16:00, August 21, 2018 (UTC)
Firefox shouldn't be the issue, the images are also small there for me (just tried). Do you have any kind of custom JS/CSS on the wiki that might affect image sizes?16:01, August 21, 2018 (UTC)
Green farmers are people too![edit source]
Thanks for the reddit link about the farmers' outfit. It's really funny, although actually, not at all funny at the same time, ya know?02:26, September 18, 2018 (UTC)
Not seen you in ages sir, putting in that work![edit source]
Miss You :(
15:26, September 22, 2018 (UTC)
Daemoncap zygomite[edit source]
Do you recall we can plant anything in daemonheim or pick them inside dg? I'm with you on this.00:09, September 23, 2018 (UTC)
- Hell yeah, soon will grab a pic. 20:38, September 24, 2018 (UTC)
10,000th EDIT[edit source]
Gz mah dood!12:26, September 23, 2018 (UTC)
Re:Image work[edit source]
Understandable, have a good day --20:28, September 24, 2018 (UTC)
Extreme Invention Potion[edit source]
No hard feelings, but leading is not just showing up and wtf happened to my text box here? 0_o[edit source]
First off, my userpage comments make me look uninformed, not silly. Better information is the job of the admins here. Secondly, yes, the entire formula is wrong, and I'll be the first to admit that I don't have a clue as to the exact formula either. Having admitted that much, the closest I've come so far is 14% + 7, which leaves me rather incredulous, as noted. Since my latest level-up broke that pattern entirely, I've been left to assume only that for each level gained the boost will also gain one level, and if I end up "skipping on the boost", that will be extremely valuable in terms of fresh data to evaluate.
Overall, the formula is really just difficult all over anyway, and the regular gaps of blueprints doesn't really help any. Since the potions came out long after the skill, my best-worst hope is that someone with 90+ Herblore and Level 1 Invention pots an Extreme and notes the resulting boost. Long shot, I know. I'd be willing to brave an entire cave of Cockatrices if I thought it would get me the real numbers, lol. Let me know if you have any ideas on that. Should we just put the 14% + 7 number up, knowing it's wrong, but better than what is there now? All my spreadsheets point out that all the other formulae I've tried aren't any better, and most are worse. Hit me back when you can, thanks. THAT 1 CH00B (talk) 18:25, 30 October 2018 (UTC)
- To follow up on the idea of the boost level being based on previous xp totals, I suggest that you use roughly the same tables for the Extreme Invention as are used for the Extreme Divination, and I'm betting that the former never goes above 17. If no one else has any better idea, none of the data I've gathered myself argues against it. Fingers Crossed! THAT 1 CH00B (talk) 19:51, 6 November 2018 (UTC)
Extreme Invention boosts Comment[edit source]
Real Life Discovery Experience Reply[edit source]
Well, I hope you aren't holding your breath waiting for Jagex to tell everyone the formula. You're right, that is probably the easiest way to get the right answer, but it won't happen quickly by any means. Sometimes a rule of thumb is more useful than an exact answer, and that's all I'd be looking for while training up Invention, is a fairly accurate guide to investing my precious time and effort. (Not to mention 1007!) I guess this is one of those points that makes less a "Wikian", but 82 Invention is coming within my grasp shortly. Might be nice to have even a crappy roadmap though. THAT 1 CH00B (talk) 19:31, 8 November 2018 (UTC)
Defence Pylon[edit source]
https://runescape.wiki/w/Defence_Pylon You removed the damage nerf info from trivia. I've reverted that since there is no overlap between it and story mode's damage nerf in October.Pocket Sapphi (talk) 14:20, 28 January 2019 (UTC)
Edit summaries and UTP[edit source]
Comments such as this (edit summary) are inappropriate. You are entitled to your opinion, but please refrain from insulting others or using autism as an insult. Ciphrius Kane (talk) 13:51, 17 February 2019 (UTC)
Vote in the Weird Gloop elections![edit source]
Because of your involvement with the wiki, you are eligible to vote on the candidates for the board of Weird Gloop, the company that hosts the RuneScape and Old School RuneScape wikis.
There are 4 candidates for RuneScape, 4 candidates for OSRS, and 1 candidate for pt-RuneScape. If you'd like to influence who represents the voices of these communities inside the company, I strongly encourage you to vote! You are one of only 204 people that meet the requirements, and this is a chance to help shape the future of the wikis.
Do you want a free wiki t-shirt?[edit source]
To celebrate the two-year anniversary of the new site, we're giving away RuneScape Wiki t-shirts to a bunch of wiki editors. Because of your contributions to the community over the last year, we'd like to send you one! If you're interested, go fill out this form, and we'll get those shipped out before the end of the month.
If you have any questions, shoot me a talk page message or a DM on Discord (Cook#2222). Thanks!
Removal of Combat cape perks[edit source]
Hi, may I know why you deleted/removed the Combat cape perks section in the max cape/comp cape articles? I thought it was quite useful, being that they were a quick reference into the best PvM perks that can be mounted on the max cape/comp cape. Also, what harm does it do by existing? I thought the wiki is meant to be useful and I think that section is quite useful. Wonderfl (talk) 02:55, 17 October 2020 (UTC)
Explain why you removed this[edit source]
https://runescape.wiki/w/Sceptre_of_the_gods?diff=33751646&oldid=33664460 Pocket Sapphi 20:27, 3 December 2020 (UTC)
- And you've got a link/screenshot/reference of said complaints prior to the change?
Pocket Sapphi 03:08, 4 December 2020 (UTC)
- Aight. I'll take your word for it.
Pocket Sapphi 15:26, 4 December 2020 (UTC)
Re:"These are all made up"[edit source]
I really mean that they were all just made up. Several years ago some individual had the innovative idea that, if you don't know an exact date, just completely invent one and call it a day. (As an aside, I'm not really sure of the mentality then since this was well before my time, but this person seems to have caused so much damage to various pages that at this stage is irreversible. Why nobody ever did anything about this is beyond me)
I tried to verify them all based on actual surviving evidence, but unless there is any info from the players themselves or Runescape gets unblocked from the wayback machine I don't think they can be improved in the meantime. Anyway, here 1 2 is the proof that Ranged was on 11 October 2002. Hlwys (talk)
Senntisten sewers[edit source]
Why were most of the links to Senntisten sewers replaced with something like "sewers of Senntisten"? Just because we were, and somewhat still are, confused about what in-game areas TzekHaar Front comprises of, and hadn't created the article for sewers when the front released isn't a reason to remove redlinks that are used to indicate missing articles. Is there some easy way to add all those links back? Saying that an object is located in Senntisten is not very wrong, but if they're in the dungeon that is named "Senntisten sewers", we should indicate that in the articles. Thingummywut (talk) 17:40, 26 October 2021 (UTC)
- Yes, and that's my exact point: The dungeon where these NPCs and objects are located is literally an in-game dungeon called "Senntisten sewers" as can be seen on the map. It therefore certainly deserves an article, as it now does. It's debatable whether TzekHaar Front is only the the parts outside of the dungeon or if it covers this dungeon too, but it's clear that the dungeon exists. Graveyard for instance is different as it's clearly labelled on the map as "Croesus Front". Thingummywut (talk) 21:46, 26 October 2021 (UTC)
Immune hitsplat[edit source]
Where else does it appear other than Tzkal-Zuk? The tweet I saw said that they're planning to add it to other bosses, which I took to mean that it currently only appears at Zuk.NeutralinoTalk? 11:08, 29 October 2021 (UTC)
Hello, I would want to fix that, but this is a CSS styling issue, so I'll have to ask someone knowledgeable on that to fix that, however unfortunately the entire MediaWiki namespace (which has all the CSS styling) is currently locked for editing due to the current migration to the newer MediaWiki version. So it'll have to wait until after the migration. 08:34, 18 November 2021 (UTC)
Green Santa Hat[edit source]
Hi, Would you please look at the previous edit you reverted? There are two separate posts that are being quoted and this seems to be a point that is overlooked thanks! Done Forever (talk) 19:36, 14 December 2021 (UTC)
Pesty scarab[edit source]
There are plenty of examples to the contrary where dialogue that is related to an NPC is included on the transcript page for that NPC, even if the dialogue is not spoken by that NPC. Cache117 (talk) 17:04, 27 January 2022 (UTC)
Do you have any old computers you played RuneScape on?[edit source]
Recently we've been trying to recover lost versions of RuneScape that Jagex didn't save. We're asking anybody who played from 2001-2012 to check old computers, laptops, hard drives, or backups for old RuneScape files.
Your userpage says you've been editing the Wiki since 2010, so it's very likely that you have one of the missing versions. It would be great if you could search any old devices you may have so that these older versions of RuneScape aren't lost forever.
If you have any questions, feel free to join our Discord which shows the specific files we are looking for in full detail, and where people can help guide you through the search. Alternatively you can read our page on the Lost Media Wiki, and leave a message on my talk page.
Ice Troll drops[edit source]
I saw you re-added the Granite Shield to Ice Troll Male and Ice Troll Female pages. I've been unable to get that drop in the Chaos Tunnels. Do these trolls use a different drop table? Or have you been able to confirm a granite shield drop? MantisMan (talk) 17:29, 7 April 2022 (UTC)