This is a list of events that happened in 1999:
- DeviousMUD (also known as MUD client), a very early version of RuneScape, is completely rewritten by Andrew Gower and his brothers, who called themselves Jagex, standing for JAva Gaming EXperts. It is released in a public beta for a week, and then removed.
- "Jagex" begins to be used as a trading name.
- RuneScape begins development.
- ”Jagex” begins as a game development studio.
March[edit | edit source]
- 12 March, Fixed some nasty duplicate login bugs, and various other bugs...
- 13 March, Started work on a player-2-npc multiple choice style conversation system.
- 14 March, Continue work on conversation system
- 15 March, Finished player-2-npc conversation system.
- 15 March, Important background scenary can now be named, and manipulated by the player!
- 16 March, Improved player-2-player conversation system.
- 16 March, Started writing quest compiler. This is amazing, it runs everything from magic, to professions, to quests!
- 17 March, Finished quest compiler! Although it doesn't support many commands yet.
- 18 March, Spent ages debugging game - Fixed 11 (fairly minor) bugs!
- 18 March, Wrote auto bug reporting system for client
- 19 March, Started updating player 'Identikit' system.
- 22 March, Finish identikit system. You can now choose your player's appearance! System can also be used for human NPCs
- 25 March, Finished designing a wood/forest to the left of the starting zone
- 28 March, Fixed some more bugs. I've not got as much done as I would have liked but I'm putting it online anyway...