Schedule[edit | edit source]
The dates and specific order of the updates are based on official announcements and estimates from Jagex. It is possible that an update will not be released within the listed timeframe.
|23 September||Slayer Log |
|September||Bank improvements |
Skilling[edit | edit source]
120s[edit | edit source]
Two skills are currently being worked on to level 120 that will be announced at Runefest 2019; they are planned to be released with lessons learnt from the release of 120 slayer such that they is more content from 99-120 with a fundamental difference in training methods and worthwhile unlocks. 
Combat[edit | edit source]
Weapon diversity update[edit | edit source]
An update to weapons will bring unique effects for each type of weapon. 
Slayer Log[edit | edit source]
This update will introduce a log similar to the Boss collection log in which unique slayer drops are recorded. For each slayer creature group there will be a title that can be unlocked by obtaining every unique drop. 
Combat fixes[edit | edit source]
- Mod Erator finished his TAPP on Shattered Worlds improvements. It has been on the QA backlog since March 2018. There will be new objectives and possibly hiscores of different types.
- Mod Shauny is working on improving boss practice mode by allowing players to select different phases of a boss to start at.
- Gizmos will be visible on augmented items when examining another player.
Abyssal Slayer creatures[edit | edit source]
- Abyssal savage (level 95 Slayer): will be a harder hitting version of an abyssal demon; though it will attack using magic.
- Abyssal hound (level 105 Slayer): will have a laser attack which the player must avoid by moving at least one step away from the hound.
- Abyssal lord (level 115 Slayer): will summon high-hitting minions (who use magic) after a certain amount of damage has been dealt.
All 3 can replace an abyssal demons task. The new monsters will have the same teleporting mechanic as abyssal demons, with the abyssal lord also dealing damage to the player while doing so. The effects of darklight and abyssalbane ammunition will work.
Hostilius[edit | edit source]
Mod Pi wishes to create a massive demon boss called Hostilius that players kill "from the inside out". The fight will scale to the number of players in a group (or solo). It will have 3 difficulty levels: casual, regular, and hardcore. This is on the backlog since TAPP time is cancelled until further notice.
Reworks[edit | edit source]
Banks[edit | edit source]
The bank rework is an update first mentioned at RuneFest 2016. It aims to improve several aspects of the bank such as adding placeholders, improving the search engine, and being more user friendly. A bank beta is currently active.
Group Ironman[edit | edit source]
Mod Ramen has plans to work on a Group Ironman Mode which would allow linked Ironman players to interact freely with each other and participate in group bosses and Dungeoneering. It was announced at RuneFest 2017. Features this may include are a group banking system, leaderboards, and a guild including Mr Ex and other ironman related content. Group Ironman is currently on hold since engine work is needed (for group banking and other features) and the engine team is completely dedicated to RS Mobile but it is still planned.
- Players will be able to form groups of 2-5 ironman players. Groups will be classified according to size, with each size having a different chat badge and Ironman Armour icon, and potentially different hiscores.
- Leaving a group will result in a group ironman account being downgraded to a regular account.
- If a player leaves a group then the group will be able to recruit a freshly created group ironman account only.
RuneScape Mobile[edit | edit source]
Mod Pi and Mod Asherz are working on RuneScape Mobile - an upcoming smartphone version of RuneScape announced on 17 July 2017. Old School RS Mobile was originally planned for release in Winter 2017 and Runescape 3 shortly after, but Old School Runescape was released on 30 October 2018 and Runescape 3 is still in its beta.
Quests and Events[edit | edit source]
Merethiel backstory quest[edit | edit source]
The backstory of Merethiel is created by Mod Ramen, it could become a quest given that he has the time to do so. Months later Mod Ramen posted a question regarding the quest on Twitter. The quest is designed to take place after Erethdor and Solak are seperated but Solak won't play any major part in the quest.
Miscellaneous[edit | edit source]
- Mod Ramen has a job to make Hazelmere's signet ring doubling effect to work on chest loot systems.
- Dagannoth King boss pets will be changed to match their graphically updated boss variants.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ a b Jagex. "Month Ahead - September." 30 August 2019. RuneScape News.
- ^ Jagex. "Month Ahead: August." 02 August 2019. RuneScape News.
- ^ Jagex. "Designer Diary: Episodic Content." 6/9/2019. RuneScape News.
- ^ Jagex. "An update on Weapon Diversity." 10 September 2019. RuneScape News.
- ^ Jagex. "Unfinished Business Update." 28 July 2017. RuneScape News.
- ^ Jagex. Mod Erator's Twitter account. 1 April 2018.
- ^ RuneScape Combat - from RuneFest 2017. 27 September 2017.*
- ^ Patch Notes Teasers with Mod Shauny. 8 June 2018.*
- ^ Ninja Backlog Prioritisation - Vote on the Ninja Backlog!. 7 February 2017.*
- ^ The RuneScape Game Jam!. 19 February 2017.*
- ^ RuneScape Combat - from RuneFest 2017. 27 September 2017.*
- ^ RuneScape Reveals (From RuneFest 2016). 20 September 2016.*
- ^ RuneScape Reveals - from RuneFest 2017. 24 September 2017.*
- ^ RuneScape Dev Q&A - Deep Sea Fishing, Pieces of Hate, Unspeakable Horrors, Solak. 6 March 2018.*
- ^ Still no news on Group Ironman.... 10 July 2018.*
- ^ RuneScape Big Questions Q&A - Voice of Seren, RS Mobile, Bank Rework, Player Support, etc. 27 March 2019.*
- ^ Mod Ramen. "Group Ironman – The Dev Blog." RuneScape Forums.
- ^ Old School Mobile: Release Date Announcement. 5 September 2018.*
- ^ Jagex. Mod Kelpie's Twitter account. 21 January 2018.
- ^ Mod Ramen. Merethiel backstory quest when?. 16 April 2019. "Most the story for a quest is sitting in a notepad at home, just need the time to craft it into a quest and think up some puzzle elements. I will be returning to Merethiel when time allows :)"*
- ^ Mod Ramen. Mod ramen on Twitter. 22 August 2019. "In my 6 and a half years at Jagex, the character and work I am most proud of has to be Merethiel and I really want to explain her backstory whilst continuing the storyline that Solak/Erethdor setup. What would you want to see in a quest that delves far back into elf storylines?"*
- ^ Mod Ramen. Mod ramen on Twitter. 22 August 2019. "Quest is currently designed to take place after Erethdor and Solak are seperated but Solak won't play any major part in the quest. The story is Merethiel's (She is the main character)"*
- ^ Have you ever seen HSR double a drop from Solak?. 13 August 2019.*
- ^ Jagex. Mod Shauny's Twitter account. 5 December 2018.