Patch Notes (15 May 2017)
These Patch Notes were announced on 15 May 2017.
The following fixes and tweaks have now been implemented. If you believe a change has not been documented, either in the patch notes or the news posts for this week’s update, please detail the change so that it may be added.
As always, be sure to submit a bug report should you encounter a gameplay bug or graphical glitch in-game.
Skills, D&Ds & Minigames
- Circus Teddy now correctly states that you can only do 5 Thieving tricks.
Quest, Challenges and Achievements
- Beads for the Imp Catcher quest are no longer lost with death in the Wilderness.
- You can now correctly use the task master emote once all area achievements are completed.
- A 'Visualise' option has been added to the Orb of Oculus, allowing you to select a Skybox and/or a filter of your choice.
- The Day and Night stones will no longer expire 90 seconds after activating them.
- A bloodstone has been added which can be acquired by talking to Vanescula, if you've completed River of Blood.
- The Minigame HUD is now removed when using the Orb of Oculus.
- The Orb of Oculus can now be used in Legacy mode.
- You can now access the Orb's Gaze and Visualise features by right clicking the World Map icon.
- The two-handed Sunspear (and augmented variation) can now swap styles during combat.
- The Legacy accordion on the world map has been fixed.
- The default tooltip is no longer transparent.
- The world select on the Shattered Worlds start interface now auto-selects a band based on your highest world reached, rather than starting at world 1.
- The way that Puncture damage interacts with hit effects has been tweaked.
- Tooltips for main ribbon icons will now update to reflect whether they are currently open/closed.
- A typo in dialogue with Milton the Miller has been corrected.
- The popup for buying out-of-stock options will no longer appear when switching tabs in the rare item store.
- The sink in Varrock Palace now correctly works as a water source.
- It is not longer necessary to auto-setup every time when graphics drivers are out of date.
- German, French and Portuguese-language worlds will now have a 21:00 UTC (game time) Happy Hour slot.
- Players can now complete Spring Fayre fortunes related to Dungeoneering without issue.
- Buying olive oil from Razmire will now upgrade to 4 doses with the Morytania medium tasks complete.
- A toggle has been added to the world hop interface to ignore confirmation when left-click world hopping.
- Arriving at a lodestone when using a quick teleport has been made quicker.
- Messages from using luck-enhancing items like Ring of Wealth and Luck of the Dwarves are no longer filtered.
- When using vis wax, it will now take the wax directly from your bank if you do not have enough in your inventory.
- The time since you last collected resources has been added to the Miscellania kingdom overlay.
- Afros sold by Party Pete are no longer tradeable.
- When repairing degraded items, you will now be offered the option to try and repair everything in your backpack and worn inventory at once.
- Slayer VIP tickets have been moved to the currency pouch.
- The clan broadcast for someone guesting in your clan chat is will no longer appear repeatedly when they change worlds and rejoin.
- You can now convert generic Daily and Weekly D&D tokens to Weekly and Monthly D&D tokens:
- You can convert 7 Daily D&D tokens into 1 Weekly D&D token
- You can convert 28 Daily D&D tokens into 1 Monthly D&D token
- You can convert 4 Weekly D&D tokens into 1 Monthly D&D token
- A crash/freeze during/after playing certain cutscenes has been fixed.
- A crash due to array overflows has been fixed.
- OSX input fixes:
- The Cmd+Q hotkey has been fixed.
- Various Cmd hotkeys (especially Shift+Cmd+4 and Cmd+Tab) leaving Shift/Cmd buttons held down on OS X and blocking mouse input until they are pressed again have been fixed.
- Slow scrolling with mouse wheel is no longer ignored, and scrolls by a small amount as it should.
- A black bar at top in fullscreen mode on OSX has been fixed.
- A rare script-related crash has been fixed.
- A crash caused by NPC hint arrows has been fixed.
- Several potential crashes in the audio system have been fixed.
- Distance fog no longer turns objects white in the background.
- The mini-menu now has the correct priority for certain camera angles.
- The client icon no longer appears as a terminal on OSX.
- A crash caused by dragging certain interfaces has been fixed.
- An animation subsystem has been optimised.
- Model loading has been optimised.
- An issue where some wall pieces were not correctly lit has been fixed.
- Compact install on the NXT launcher has been fixed.
- Drawable elements have been optimised.
- Particle rotation has been fixed.