Welcome to the sandbox, a place to try out editing.
Anyone can change this page. To edit, click the "Edit source" or "Add topic" tabs above. Content added here will not stay permanently.
Treasure Trails is a members-only Distraction and Diversion in which players follow a series of clues leading towards buried treasure. A Treasure Trail is started by finding a sealed clue scroll, which may be dropped by various monsters, pickpocketed from H.A.M. Members and elven clan workers, received from a treasure chest decoration in an aquarium, purchased with thaler, obtained from the Prosper perk, or by training Divination, Fishing, Mining, or Woodcutting. The chances of receiving a clue scroll increase with the appropriate tier luck enhancer.
As of the Treasure Trails update on 26 February 2018, players can collect as many as 25 sealed clue scrolls of each type of difficulty. Previously, they were restricted to only one new clue scroll of each difficulty if they did not already have one in their inventory or bank. Still however, only one of each type of sealed clue scroll can be open at a time. Attempting to open a sealed clue scroll if a player already owns an open one will result in the following text in the chat window, "You already have an active easy/medium/hard/elite treasure trail. You'll need to either complete or destroy that before starting another."
Update history[edit source]
- update 26 February 2018 (Update):
- A new difficulty of Treasure Trails is added: Master Treasure Trails.
- Scans are reworked, and meerkats now increase the player's scan range.
- The three wizards (Saradomin, Zamorak and Guthix) receive a graphical update, and rather than dying they teleport out upon reaching 0 health. The wizards' weaknesses are changed from Arrows to Nothing to allow players to use any combat style against them. Saradomin wizards are also changed so that they only use melee if the player is next to them.
- Many puzzle boxes are changed to use higher quality pictures. Some clue givers still hand out old puzzle boxes.
- All finished Treasure Trails now yield a casket of its respective tier, allowing players to stack reward caskets.
- Players are able to hold multiple sealed clues, up to a soft cap of 25 (methods that guarantee a clue can bypass this). Only one unsealed clue can be out at any time per clue tier. Players must still complete Treasure Trails one by one.
- hotfix 14 November 2017 (Update):
- Players will no longer receive messages about luck when completing clue scrolls and not wearing a luck-increasing ring.
- patch 4 July 2016 (Update):
- Saradomin wizards once again appear to guard clue scroll treasure spots.
- patch 18 May 2015 (Update):
- Players can now hold one of each tier of clue scroll. Before, only one clue scroll of any type could be owned at once.
- update 17 November 2014 (Update):
- There are 20 new trails - five on each level from Easy to Elite.
- The interface is brought up to date, in line with the current UI.
- Many new rewards are added, including the amulet of fury (t), explosive barrel, sack of effigies, backstab cape, and dyes.
- Saradomin wizards are removed from the game and replaced with Zamorak wizards. This is later revealed to be an accidental change, and they are added back on 4 July 2016.
- A Zamorak wizard is added to the Duel Arena coordinate clue, where previously no wizard would spawn at all.
- patch 17 March 2009 (Update):
- Treasure Trail boxes are now destroyed on drop, but provide information about where to re-obtain them.
Update history[edit source]
|Red||Bacon ipsum dolor amet spare ribs filet mignon bresaola, ham beef ribs fatback salami leberkas ball tip biltong burgdoggen swine turducken tongue.|
|Orange||Bacon ipsum dolor amet spare ribs filet mignon bresaola, ham beef ribs fatback salami leberkas ball tip biltong burgdoggen swine turducken tongue.|
|Yellow||Bacon ipsum dolor amet spare ribs filet mignon bresaola, ham beef ribs fatback salami leberkas ball tip biltong burgdoggen swine turducken tongue.|