Zaros godsword (ice)
|Zaros godsword (ice)|
|Release||26 February 2018 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||Yes|
|Backpack||Wield, Check charges|
|High alch||750,000 coins|
|Low alch||500,000 coins|
|A godsword with the power of a black hole harnessed at its core.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The ice-dyed zaros godsword is a Zaros godsword that has been dyed with an ice dye - it is otherwise the same as the undyed variant. This process is irreversible. It can be augmented with an augmentor to make the augmented Zaros godsword (Ice).
The Zaros godsword has a special attack, Blackhole, which summons a black hole over the player's location for 20 seconds. While this black hole is active, melee damage is increased by 25%, and if your target enters the black hole, it takes 25-50% ability damage every 1.8 seconds. This costs 50% adrenaline, and has a 60-second cooldown. The black hole continues to persist and increase the player's damage even if the Zaros godsword is unequipped for a different weapon.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Special attack[edit source]
The Zaros godsword has a special attack called Blackhole. Once activated, the special attack creates a swirling black hole under the player's current location, which has an area-of-effect of 7x7 (grid of game squares), that lasts for 21 seconds (35 game ticks). This special attack costs 50% adrenaline, and has a 60 second cooldown. When the player is within the area-of-effect, their melee damage is increased by 25%. However, it appears that the buff is active on different ticks for different sources of damage. If tick 1 is the cast of Blackhole, then:
- on tick 1, nothing can be boosted (buff appears on bar)
- on tick 2, only auto attacks cast on this tick will be boosted
- on ticks 3-35, everything cast on these ticks will be boosted
This means that at most there are 34 damage boosting ticks (sources of damage cast between tick 2 and tick 35). If the originally targeted monster is within the area-of-effect of the black hole, it will take 25%-50% ability damage every 1.8 seconds (3 ticks).
Additionally, if the initial target stays within the area-of-effect then it will take a maximum of 11 hits (275%-550% ability damage in total) spread over the Blackholes duration.
Comparison with other damage-boosting abilities[edit source]
The Zaros godsword is used as a switch for its special attack. Just like Magic's Sunshine and Range's Death's Swiftness abilities, the damage-boosting effect of the special attack is not lost when the player switches weapons. The Zaros godsword allows melee users to alternate between its special attack and Berserk ability to increase their overall damage-per-minute.
(with planted feet)
|Cooldown||60 seconds||60 seconds|
|Duration||20 seconds||30 seconds (37.8 seconds)|
|Damage dealt||25%-50%||10%-20% (0%)|
Notable facts[edit source]
- The damage boosting effect begins 1 tick after the special attack is cast.
- If the player is under the effects of Berserk, and then uses the special attack, Berserk's damage-boosting properties will take priority.
- The damage boost stacks additively with that of the dragon battleaxe.
- The damage-boosting effect does not increase the damage of any bleed abilities, like Dismember, Slaughter, and Blood Tendrils, nor any melee damage inflicted by familiars.
- The ability duration is not affected by the planted feet perk.
- The adrenaline cost of the special attack is not reduced by the effects from the Conservation of Energy relic, or the Invigorate aura.
- The adrenaline cost of the special attack is reduced by the effects from the Ring of vigour, the Asylum surgeon's ring, and the Relentless perk.
Repair cost[edit | edit source]
This item costs at most 4,800,000 coins to repair completely. The repair cost is precisely calculated by the degradation percentage (i.e. with 75% charge remaining, a full repair would only cost 1,200,000 coins). It may be repaired through a variety of methods.
These methods cost more as they do not consider player's Smithing level for a repair discount.
- Bob - the axe seller in Lumbridge
- Tindel Marchant - the weapon and armour repairman at Port Khazard
- Dunstan - the smith in Burthorpe
- Squire - in the workshop area of the Void Knights' Outpost
Improved methods[edit source]
These methods provide a repair cost discount of 0.5% per Smithing level (including boosts).
- An armour stand in a player-owned house
- A whetstone which can be used anywhere
- The item repair ability of a legendary pet can be used once per hour
template = Calculator:Template/Smithing/Armour stand form = repairForm result = repairResult param = level|Smithing level (1-106)|1|int|1-106|| param = charge|Item Charge|0.0|number|0.0-100.0|| param = cost|cost|4800000|hidden|||
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|
Usage cost[edit | edit source]
|Method||Repair NPC, armour stand, whetstone|
|Item(s) consumed||4,800,000 × Coins[uc 1]|
|Total GE Price||4,800,000|
|Average rate[uc 2]||144,000|
|High rate[uc 3]||288,000|
|Maximum rate[uc 4]||480,000|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Zaros godsword (ice)|
|Disassembly category||Two-handed swords|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||0.0%|
|2 × Ilujankan components||Always|
Update history[edit | edit source]
Ice dyed equipment
Two-handed slash weapons
|Dyed noxious scythe|
|Dyed Zaros godsword|