Zamorak's Book of Chaos
|Zamorak's Book of Chaos|
|Release||17 November 2004 (Update)|
|Quest item||Horror from the Deep|
|Stacks in bank||No|
|Destroy||This book can be reclaimed from the bookcase in your player-owned house for a fee, are you sure you wish to destroy it?|
|The holy book of Zamorak.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Zamorak's Book of Chaos, formerly the Unholy book, is a book held in the pocket slot. For information on how to acquire a god book, see the god books article. Zamorak's Book of Chaos must be made using all four torn Zamorak pages which can be purchased from other players, obtained from treasure trails, cremating a vyrewatch, or opening an ancient casket. With Zamorak's Book of Chaos, a player can preach and perform ceremonies, such as blessing, last rites, and wedding rites by operating it. Also, if a player's Prayer level is 50 or higher, they can bless Unholy symbols with Zamorak's Book of Chaos by expending 40 Prayer points for each symbol.
Lost books of chaos can be reclaimed by speaking to Jossik at the lighthouse, or from a player-owned house bookcase, complete with all pages that have been added, for 100,000 coins. However, the book will lose all its remaining charges, requiring the player to add additional pages in order to activate the passive effect.
After completion of One Piercing Note, if the book has all four pages, it can be used to create an illuminated book of chaos and unlock the god book off-hand override. This requires 60 Crafting and 60 Prayer, and grants 10,000 Prayer and 10,000 Crafting experience (for the first time only). The book of chaos is not consumed in the process.
Filling Zamorak's Book of Chaos with all pages currently costs 722,028 coins.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Accuracy||-||-||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|FAQ • docs|
Passive[edit | edit source]
The book of chaos can be activated like scrimshaw to provide a passive combat effect. The book can be recharged with any Zamorak page, giving 45 minutes of active time per page. This is shared, unchanged, with the illuminated book.
The passive has a 5% chance per hit to activate. When it activates, a dark explosion hits the target and the surrounding targets in a 3x3 area for 150-250% damage (split over all targets) (PvP: 50-150%). Based on K'ril Tsutsaroth's 'YARRR' attack.
Cost[edit | edit source]
|Zamorak page 1||193,872|
|Zamorak page 2||178,243|
|Zamorak page 3||178,442|
|Zamorak page 4||171,471|
Transcript[edit | edit source]
- May your union not be harmonious, but may your conflicts make you stronger, in Zamorak's name, now two are one.
- The weak deserve to die, so the strong may flourish. This is the creed of Zamorak.
- May you reject all safe paths, and embrace all challenges. Zamorak bring you strength.
- As Zamorak seized the power of godhood, so should you seize all power within your grasp, find strength in the chaos of Zamorak!
- Two great warriors, joined by hand, to spread destruction across the land. In Zamorak's name, now two are one.
- The weak deserve to die, so the strong may flourish. This is the will of Zamorak.
- May your bloodthirst never be sated, and may all your battles be glorious. Zamorak bring you strength.
- Battles are not lost and won; They simply remove the weak from the equation. Zamorak give me strength!
- Those who fight, then run away, shame Zamorak with their cowardice. Zamorak give me strength!
- Battle is my those who choose to disagree with it. Zamorak give me strength!
- Strike fast, strike hard, strike true: The strength of Zamorak will be with you. Zamorak give me strength!
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 23 November 2020 (Update):
- patch 17 December 2013 (Update):
- The god books have been updated to match the current Sixth Age story.
- hotfix 18 March 2013 (Update):
- Preaching with the various God books will now only preach a certain passage, rather than one out of a possible 6 passages.
- Players can once again attack from a distance whilst holding a god book.
- update 31 January 2005 (Update):
- You can now check your prayer books to see which pages you have added.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prior to 22 February 2016, this book used to be held in the off-hand slot.
- It was previously known as Zamorak's unholy book, and had different preachings, which can be read above.
|God books (Override)|
|Illuminated god books (Override)|
|Part 2 of the Fremennik quest series|