The yellow partyhat is an item that was originally obtained by opening a Christmas cracker during the 2001 Christmas event. Partyhats are some of the oldest discontinued items in the game, beaten only by the pumpkin. This has resulted in them becoming some of the most expensive items in RuneScape's history, far exceeding the maximum cash value and resulting in them being traded almost exclusively outside the Grand Exchange.
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- ^ There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
During the 15 Days of Christmas in 2013, this item, along with other Christmas-themed equipment, was given the Hybrid style of combat, and stats that scaled with the player's levels. This was so players could use these items in combat to assist in hunting for festive crackers during the event.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included—see here for how to help out!
- patch 9 February 2011 (Update):
- Party hat variants will now change in price by up to 5% per day, dependent on demand.
- patch 24 June 2010 (Update):
- Resolved a long-standing issue when wearing party hats with a particular female haircut.