Yellow Guthixian butterflies could be found during the 2019 Easter event and 2021 Easter Event. They occasionally spawn at the compass clue coordinates. When caught, players were awarded bonus experience in their lowest skill (the one with the least experience; 6,534 BXP each at level 99) equal to 1.5 times the experience that a green Guthixian butterfly would give and the caught butterfly disappeared in a puff of coloured smoke. Players could catch up to ten yellow Guthixian butterflies each day. Ironman players were able to catch these but would not receive any bonus experience.
In 2019, each butterfly restored 15% of either one's life points, Prayer points, or Summoning points, whichever was the most depleted. If all three points were at or above their maximum, one was randomly selected and temporarily boosted up to 5% above its maximum. Once the daily butterflies had been caught, no more could be caught for these bonuses.
Wearing the butterfly outfit increased the chance of successfully catching a yellow guthixian butterfly to 100%.
While free-to-play players could catch these, they would not receive the stated experience. Memstix, a druid devoted to Guthix located next to the Falador lodestone during the 2019 Easter event, confirmed this by saying only members were granted the experience bonuses.
For information on the increased limits, check 2021 Easter event
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- update 29 March 2021 (Update):
- The butterflies don't yield other boosts than bonus experience.
- patch 29 April 2019 (Update):
- Fixed incorrect character in game message, for catching guthixian butterflies
- patch 23 April 2019 (Update):
- Fixed an issue that was causing the Guthix Butterflies to not respawn correctly
- hotfix 16 April 2019:
- The spawning rate of Guthixian butterflies has been increased so that they appear more often.