The Lodestone Network is a teleportation system that permits travel to various locations across Gielinor via the Home Teleport spell. After selecting Home Teleport, an interface will pop up, allowing you to choose where to teleport. Lodestones can be found as symbols on the minimap and on the world map, making locating them easy. Apart from Burthorpe, an ancient lodestone in the area must be activated in order to unlock travel to new locations.
A new player can only teleport to Burthorpe by default, and must complete all the tutorial introductory tasks before unlocking new lodestone locations. For free-to-play players, the only locations available are Lumbridge, Al Kharid, Draynor Village, Ashdale, Edgeville, Falador, Port Sarim, Varrock, Burthorpe, the Wilderness and Taverley - the members-only locations are greyed out in the background.
Related to unlocking the lodestones are the Lodestone achievements which were released on 13 March 2012 alongside the Lodestone Network update. They consist of unlocking each lodestone with the exception of the lodestones in Burthorpe, Bandit Camp, Lumbridge, and Lunar Isle. The achievements do not yield further rewards, apart from unlocking the lodestones.
The lodestones were built by the second Wizards' Tower wizards after the discovery of teleportational spells. The lodestone network's introduction - and proximity to key locations and other alternative transport networks - has largely reduced the need for teleportation spells across all three spellbooks, as well as the use of Portal Chambers in a player-owned house.
Lodestone teleports use the default lodestone animation, however players may override this by activating teleport override animations within the Spell Animations section of the Animations tab, found in the Customisations interface.
In proximity of the lodestones[edit | edit source]
- The lodestone closest to a bank is Prifddinas, but requires completion of Plague's End.
- The closest lodestone to a bank for free-to-play players is Burthorpe. It is also the second closest lodestone to a bank for members.
- Members can also unlock a bank chest at May's Quest Caravan for a cumulative cost of 125 quest points, located a few squares southwest of the Varrock lodestone.
Free to play
- For free to play players the Varrock lodestone is the fastest way to get to the Grand Exchange.
Pay to play
- The lodestone closest to a Grand Exchange is Prifddinas, but requires completion of Plague's End.
- After partial completion of the Jack of Spades quest, the Menaphos lodestone is the fastest option for pay to play players to access the Grand Exchange without completion of Plague's End.
- The Edgeville lodestone gives access to the Grand Exchange for members with 21 Agility via a shortcut at the northwest wall of the Grand Exchange, providing quicker access than the Varrock lodestone.
- The Yanille lodestone is the closest to the fairy ring network.
- The Edgeville lodestone, however, is the closest to both a bank and a fairy ring.
- The Al Kharid lodestone is closest to the Gnome glider network.
- The Port Sarim lodestone is closest to a Charter ship port.
Stat restore objects
- The Falador lodestone is closest to both an Altar and a small obelisk to restore both your Prayer and Summoning points.
- If you have access to and have completed the Canifis God Statue, the Canifis lodestone is the closest to an "altar" to restore your Prayer points.
- The Taverley lodestone is closest to a POH portal (with level 10 Construction). It also has convenient access to the Plank maker and the bank.
- While the Yanille lodestone is also quite close, it requires level 50 Construction to locate your home there, has no possibility of converting logs to planks and it takes more time to reach a bank.
- The Wilderness volcano lodestone is in the Wilderness, and is thus dangerous. You will be given a warning before teleporting and you will be asked to confirm if you really wish to go there.
- Players below combat level 15 should take care when using the Edgeville lodestone, as there is an aggressive mugger within range of the arrival location.
- When the Hati winter event is active, players should be wary of using the Fremennik lodestone, as it is close to one of Hati's spawn points.
Compared to spellbook teleports, most of the lodestones in the lodestone network are situated far away from major points of interest. This compensates for the free nature of the teleport; not requiring runes.
Quick teleports[edit | edit source]
A player has the ability to use vis wax to charge their quick-teleports in the Lodestone Network, allowing for instant teleports. Each vis wax yields 10 charges by which 1 charge is consumed each teleport. A player may store a maximum of 4,000 charges. It costs 1,178.1 coins per quick-teleport. Instant lodestone teleports was an idea suggested on RuneLabs.
After completing the hard Wilderness achievements teleporting to the Wilderness Lodestone is always instant and free of charge. Not all teleportation animation overrides also override quick teleports.
Locations[edit | edit source]
|Lumbridge||East of Lumbridge Castle.||L||No|
|Burthorpe||Centre of Burthorpe, east of Warriors' Guild.||B||No|
|Lunar Isle||South-west of the bank (after Lunar Diplomacy).||Alt+L||Yes|
|Bandit Camp||South-east of the camp, surrounded by mystical mirrors (after Desert Treasure).||Alt+B||Yes|
|Taverley||South of POH portal.||T||No|
|Al Kharid||North of Al Kharid Palace.||A||No|
|Edgeville||West of the General Store.||E||No|
|Falador||Outside north gate.||F||No|
|Port Sarim||South of Gerrant's Fishy Business.||P||No|
|Draynor Village||At the crossroads, north of Draynor.||D||No|
|Ardougne||North entrance (between potato and wheat patch).||Alt+A||Yes|
|Catherby||North of fishing shop.||C||Yes|
|Yanille||Outside the west gate.||Y||Yes|
|Seers' Village||South of the Forester's Arms pub.||S||Yes|
|Eagles' Peak||West of the Tree Gnome Stronghold, near Kathy Corkat.||Alt+E||Yes|
|Tirannwn||In the clearing with the Elf Tracker after starting Regicide.||Alt+T||Yes|
|Oo'glog||Outside the north wall of the city, near the Monastery of Ascension.||O||Yes|
|Karamja||Southwest of Brimhaven, near the Brimhaven Dungeon.||K||Yes|
|Canifis||Next to Mazchna.||Alt+C||Yes|
|Wilderness Volcano||South of the volcano, near one of the Wilderness obelisks, in level 15 Wilderness.||W||No|
|Fremennik Province||East of Rellekka.||Alt+F||Yes|
|Ashdale||South-east of Ashdale Caves||Shift+A||No|
|Prifddinas||The Tower of Voices (after completion of Plague's End)||Alt+P||Yes|
|Menaphos||The centre of Menaphos (after starting The Jack of Spades)||M||Yes|
|Anachronia||At the base camp in Anachronia||Alt+D||Yes|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Lodestone Network when a J-Mod lodestone is set.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 4 May 2021 (Update):
- Teleporting to the Bandit Camp Lodestone no longer shows a config name for your previous destination.
24 August 2020 (
- The ability to open the Lodestone Network interface after killing an enemy but still in combat has been removed.
- Previously clicking an option in this time would close the menu without initiating a teleport.
- The ability to open the Lodestone Network interface after killing an enemy but still in combat has been removed.
- patch 2 March 2020 (Update):.
- The world map and lodestone network can no longer be opened when most UI tutorials are active, to prevent conflicts.
- patch 24 February 2020 (Update):
- Runescape Mobile: Removed PC terminology from the lodestone teleport interface on mobile.
- patch 22 July 2019 (Update):
- Skilling and Misc spells, such as High Alchemy, Jewellery enchant, or Lodestone teleports, can no longer be cast in Clan Battlegrounds.
- patch 1 April 2019 (Update):
- patch 18 February 2019 (Update):
- patch 29 May 2018 (Update):
- An oak tree next to the Ardougne lodestone once again has its canopy attached to the tree trunk.
- patch 21 May 2018 (Update):
- Lodestones have been graphically updated, alongside this blocking has been removed from around the lodestone.
- Removed any force walk areas that used to exist on lodestones.
- patch 15 January 2018 (Update):
- The lodestone minimap icon has been updated to use its own recoloured graphic in Legacy interface mode.
- ninja 9 October 2017 (Update):
- A confirmation prompt has been added when free players upgrade or try to use lodestones in member areas.
- ninja 2 October 2017 (Update):
- Lodestones can now be dragged onto the action bar and activated as a quick teleport.
- patch 14 August 2017 (Update):
- Quick teleporting in Dungeoneering will no longer use quick teleport charges.
- patch 12 June 2017 (Update):
- After using the Menaphos lodestone, the right-click previous destination now displays Menaphos.
- Joining a friend in Menaphos via the Friends List (if you're eligible) should now correctly teleport you to the Menaphos lodestone.
- ninja 15 May 2017 (Update):
- Arriving at a lodestone when using a quick teleport has been made quicker.
- ninja 17 October 2016 (Update):
- patch 5 September 2016 (Update):
- Teleporting to the Wilderness Volcano on a free world with the elite wilderness task set complete will no longer attempt to quick-teleport.
- patch 30 August 2016 (Update):
- patch 29 February 2016 (Update):
- Players with quick-teleport set on free worlds are no longer blocked from using a regular home teleport on free worlds.
- patch 3 August 2015 (Update):
- An incorrect section of the Tirannwn/Kandarin border on the lodestone network map has been tweaked.
- patch 27 April 2015 (Update):
- An issue that was preventing players from being able to use the Wilderness lodestone via the World Map has been fixed.
- Players can now teleport to the Prifddinas lodestone via both the RuneScape Surface and Prifddinas world maps.
- ninja 24 March 2014 (Update):
- patch 17 February 2014 (Update):
- The Lodestone Network interface has been updated. On free-to-play worlds, members-only parts of the map are greyed out and lodestone icons replaced with the membership sigil, which triggers the subscription form when clicked. All teleport locations now have a description when hovered.
- The lodestone system will now display better for free players.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Each lodestone is detailed with the city crest of the city it's located in. The Home Teleport interface shows these seals as well.
- Even though the update page said that Edgeville was unlocked by default for players who've completed Desert Treasure, it was actually the desert Bandit Camp that was unlocked.
- On the Home Teleport interface, the Port Sarim crest is rectangular, however, on the lodestone it is a shield.
- A lodestone in real life is a natural magnet, generally naturally magnetised iron ore. The lodestones may be called what they are because, like a compass, they help you navigate around the world, or more likely they were associated with the power to attract other objects, before the discovery of magnetism. They were also considered to be strongly linked with magic as a source of power.
- If taking a drink of water in the desert after selecting the lodestone you wish to teleport to, the animation will have you standing up. The same thing occurs when taking poison damage.
- Before the lodestone network, home teleport could only bring you to Lumbridge (you could choose Burthorpe as well if you were a member), Edgeville or Lunar Isle, depending on the spellbook used.
- You cannot use a Lodestone teleport from the Fishing Trawler minigame. Also, you cannot teleport when you have not jumped down from the area you stand immediately after completing/leaving a dungeoneering party.
- During the 2013 Christmas event Up to Snow Good, the Lumbridge Lodestone was made invisible because of the snow that covered Lumbridge. This also allowed the area where the lodestone was located to be walked over instead of around.
- Upon clicking the "Info" option of a J-Mod lodestone, it states: