|Release||13 July 2015 (Update)|
|AKA||Yakamaru (melee), Yakamaru (ranged), Yakamaru (magic)|
|Alive: The embodiment of water.|
Dead: The embodiment of helmets.
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|60 / 40 / 20|
4 ticks (2.4s)
|Immune||Not immune||Immune||Not immune|
|NPC ID||21348, 21349, 21350, 21351|
|Links||bestiary • MRND|
|FAQ • doc|
Yakamaru is the second boss of the Liberation of Mazcab raid. Yakamaru can be looted once every 2 days for rewards including the superior versions of Teralith, Primeval and Tempest equipment. This boss can only be fought after killing the first boss of the instance, Beastmaster Durzag, at least once. Yakamaru spawns jellyfish and different variations of jellyfish: Durable, Magical, Piercing, Reflecting Jellyfish and Meleefish. It also has a phase where it creates four copies of itself.
According to the fifth stone fragment, Yakamaru was once a spiritual guardian that helped to protect the inhabitants of Mazcab, but fell victim to the corrupting mind magic of the airut shaman, and is now bound to serve them for a more destructive purpose. Yakaminu states that Yakamaru takes on the form of a river snake.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
When Yakamaru is killed, its helmet remains and acts as a reward coffer to collect the drops. Yakamaru has several drop tables that are rolled on to constitute the loot. The consumable table is always rolled, summoning charms are commonly received, and tertiary drops may be received. If the unique drops table rolls either a Mazcab ability codex or piece of achto equipment, the main drop will not be received. If the unique drops table rolls Teci, the main drop table will be rolled multiple times.
Marks of War: 600
Summoning charms[edit | edit source]
|Represents a 90% confidence range based on a sample of 40 kills.|
20 items are dropped at a time.
Consumables[edit | edit source]
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE Price||High Alch|
|Super restore (4)||7–10||Common||21,728-31,040||1,260-1,800|
|Saradomin brew (4)||7–10||Common||67,935-97,050||840-1,200|
Main drop[edit | edit source]
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE Price||High Alch|
|Medium spiky rune salvage||20–54||Uncommon||448,020-1,209,654||480,000-1,296,000|
|Huge plated rune salvage||15–66||Uncommon||583,605-2,567,862||600,000-2,640,000|
|Ascendri bolts (e)||25||Uncommon||228,625||270,000|
|Banite stone spirit||22–27||Uncommon||7,106-8,721||Not alchemisable|
|Necrite stone spirit||22–99||Uncommon||5,808-26,136||Not alchemisable|
|Phasmatite stone spirit||22–99||Uncommon||8,382-37,719||Not alchemisable|
|Grimy dwarf weed||42–102||Uncommon||466,494-1,132,914||42-102|
|Hydrix bolt tips||30–65||Uncommon||248,820-539,110||180,000-390,000|
Tertiary[edit | edit source]
Only one burial charm may drop at a time. The burial charm table and effigy table are not linked - a player may receive drops from one, both, or neither.
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE Price||High Alch|
|Small goebie burial charm||1||Common||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Goebie burial charm||1||Uncommon||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Large goebie burial charm||1||Rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Starved ancient effigy||1||Very rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Yakamaru's helmet||1||Rare[d 1][d 2]||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
Unique drops[edit | edit source]
Yakamaru can only drop one item from this table. If no armour piece or Mazcab ability codex is dropped, the player will receive teci.
The drop rate of any piece of Achto Primeval, Tempest, or Teralith equipment is doubled if the respective non-achto equipment piece is purchased from the Goebie Armoursmith. For example, buying the Teralith Helm will double the chance of getting the Achto Teralith Helm.
A player that owns all fifteen pieces of achto equipment may continue to receive achto armour as drops with the following changes to drop mechanics:
- Achto armour doubles the chance of receiving a duplicate of that item. In other words, owning the Achto Teralith Helm will double the chance of getting another Achto Teralith Helm, and owning the non-achto Teralith Helm is no longer beneficial.
- The drop order is no longer enforced. For example, it is possible to receive a second Achto Teralith Helm, followed by a second Achto Teralith Platebody.
Otherwise, armour is gained from Yakamaru in the following order: gloves, boots, helmet, legs, and body.
Progressing in the drop order requires collecting all three of the previous equipment slot's achto equipment - so in order to receive an Achto Primeval robe top, they would have to get all Achto Tempest, Primeval and Teralith gloves, boots, helm and legs. The Achto equipment gained from each equipment slot is based on the combat style the player dealt the most damage with during the kill they obtained that armour; if the equipment piece corresponding to the used style is not owned, that is always gotten before the others, and otherwise there are equal odds of obtaining armour corresponding to one of the unused styles.[m 1]
When killed in the wilderness with achto armour, it will drop a specified amount of coins if you die.
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE Price||High Alch|
|Teci||1,000–1,750||Common[m 2][m 1]||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Achto Primeval mask||1||Uncommon[m 3][m 1]||8,400,000||8,400,000|
|Achto Primeval robe top||1||Uncommon[m 3][m 1]||12,000,000||12,000,000|
|Achto Primeval robe legs||1||Uncommon[m 3][m 1]||9,600,000||9,600,000|
|Achto Primeval gloves||1||Uncommon[m 4][m 1]||6,000,000||6,000,000|
|Achto Primeval boots||1||Uncommon[m 4][m 1]||6,000,000||6,000,000|
|Achto Tempest cowl||1||Uncommon[m 3][m 1]||8,400,000||8,400,000|
|Achto Tempest body||1||Uncommon[m 3][m 1]||12,000,000||12,000,000|
|Achto Tempest chaps||1||Uncommon[m 3][m 1]||9,600,000||9,600,000|
|Achto Tempest gloves||1||Uncommon[m 4][m 1]||6,000,000||6,000,000|
|Achto Tempest boots||1||Uncommon[m 4][m 1]||6,000,000||6,000,000|
|Achto Teralith helmet||1||Uncommon[m 3][m 1]||8,400,000||8,400,000|
|Achto Teralith cuirass||1||Uncommon[m 3][m 1]||12,000,000||12,000,000|
|Achto Teralith leggings||1||Uncommon[m 3][m 1]||9,600,000||9,600,000|
|Achto Teralith gauntlets||1||Uncommon[m 4][m 1]||6,000,000||6,000,000|
|Achto Teralith boots||1||Uncommon[m 4][m 1]||6,000,000||6,000,000|
|Mazcab ability codex||1||Uncommon[m 5][m 1]||43,949,554||180,000|
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r Mod Timbo. "Revealing Drop Rates." 20 October 2017. Developers' Blogs.
- ^ Only if neither Achto armour or Mazcab ability codex rolls were successful, so at most 931/1,000.
- ^ a b c d e f g h i 1/50 base chance if this is the next armour piece to be obtained. This chance can be improved to 1/49 by having tier 4 luck, 1/25 by owning the matching non-Achto item, or 1/24 if both apply.
- ^ a b c d e f 1/30 base chance if this is the next armour piece to be obtained. This chance can be improved to 1/29 by having tier 4 luck, 1/15 by owning the matching non-Achto item, or 1/14 if both apply.
- ^ 1/20 if the roll for Achto armour was unsuccessful, so at most 49/1,000.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Yakamaru ( 0) – Defeat Yakamaru. (X/1)
- Better Not Touch ( 65) – Defeat Yakamaru with all but one member of the raid still poisoned.
- Day at the Aquarium ( 50) – Defeat Yakamaru with one durable jellyfish and one reflecting jellyfish still alive.
- Make Friends and Influence People ( 50) – Use asphyxiate on Yakamaru's north pool and have the whole raid survive.
- All Together Now ( 70) – Defeat all four images of Yakamaru within ten seconds of one another.
- Rewind ( 60) – After defeating all of the images of Yakamaru, allow the boss to consume a durable jellyfish.
- Yak and Ruin I ( 5) – Defeat Yakamaru. (X/5)
- Yak and Ruin II ( 5) – Defeat Yakamaru. (X/10)
- Yak and Ruin III ( 5) – Defeat Yakamaru. (X/25)
- Yak and Ruin IV ( 5) – Defeat Yakamaru. (X/50)
- Yak and Ruin V ( 5) – Defeat Yakamaru. (X/75)
- Yak and Ruin VI ( 5) – Defeat Yakamaru. (X/100)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 16 August 2021 (Update):
- Teleport restrictions have been removed from the boss encounters for the Liberation of Mazcab raid.
- ninja 1 September 2020 (Update):
- A new toggle has been added to Reward Chest interfaces which allows players to loot items in noted or unnoted form.
- patch 7 October 2019 (Update):
- Yakamaru's Stun Phase and Mirage Stun phase will now take into consideration the Flanking Perk.
- patch 1 April 2019 (Update):
- Raids practice mode will now consistently provide 20 planks when challenging Yakamaru's mirage phase.
- ninja 11 June 2018 (Update):
- A warning message about forfeiting rewards when entering Yakamaru after defeating Beastmaster Durzag will no longer incorrectly appear.
- patch 11 September 2017 (Update):
- Some blocking around the foliage surrounding Yakamaru's shark pool has been removed.
- patch 10 April 2017 (Update):
- A stack counter for Yakamaru's drench debuff was added to the buff bar.
- All of Yakamaru's current boss buff icons have been visually updated.
- patch 6 February 2017 (Update):
- Araxxi, Queen Black Dragon, Beastmaster Durzag, Yakamaru and Rush of Blood loot chests now show their total value.
- The Plank used in the Yakamaru Raid encounter should now appear on top of other items by default when dropped.
- patch 16 January 2017 (Update):
- Yakamaru's quicksand sinking animation is now cleared when exiting the area.
- patch 9 January 2017 (Update):
- It is no longer possible to alch or disassemble the planks from the Yakamaru fight, which caused the fight to enter "unofficial hard mode", in which mirage phase would never end.
- patch 22 August 2016 (Update):
- Yakamaru now functions correctly when the poison tank dies on the same tick as the phase transition.
- A few tiles of blocking have been corrected around the pools during the Yakamaru encounter.
- ninja 20 June 2016 (Update):
- The Beasts tab now has a "learn" section for Yakamaru and Beastmaster Durzag.
- patch 18 April 2016 (Update):
- Fixed a spelling issue when attempting to rejoin a Yakamaru fight in progress.
- patch 29 March 2016 (Update):
- If player logs out or is kicked from the group during a Yakamaru encounter, any planks they were carrying will be dropped to the ground.
- patch 18 January 2016 (Update):
- Players can now block the shark pool during the Yakamaru encounter regardless of which special attack he is performing.
- patch 28 September 2015 (Update):
- patch 7 September 2015 (Update):
- Yakamaru is now green when poisoned in low detail.
- patch 1 September 2015 (Update):
- Jellyfish that kill players in the Yakamaru encounter no longer sit idle on top of their prey's corpse.
- All remaining jellyfish will now die once Yakamaru reaches 0 health.
- patch 10 August 2015 (Update):
- Yakamaru will now hunt a larger area for jellyfish when attempting the feat 'Day at the Aquarium'.
- patch 27 July 2015 (Update):
- Yakamaru's sharks no longer trigger outside of the Raids area.
- Vengeance and Reflect Damage no longer makes Yakamaru skip phases.
- Stun pool Yakamaru can now reach people who stand north during mirage phase.
- Planks will now be cleared when leaving and starting the Yakamaru raid encounter.
- patch 20 July 2015 (Update):
- The Raid boss drop tables have been vastly improved: Beastmaster Durzag will award values between 1 and 2 million and Yakamaru will award values between 2 and 3 million.
- Yakamaru's position in the Beasts tab listings has been fixed.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- According to Mod Deg, Yakamaru was first defeated 9 hours and 20 minutes after being released.
- Prior to 8 August 2015, while in the starting pool the use of Vengeance and other sources of typeless damage could cause Yakamaru to stay in that pool, skipping the next phase.
- Yakamaru's sharknado special attack and its examine text, "Chainsaws not required", are references to the 2013 film of the same name.
- As of 1 February 2018, the highest kill count for this boss was 2,616 kills. By 13 December 2018, this had increased to 3,433.
- Prior to an update on 16 August 2021, players could not teleport out of Yakamaru's arena after diving down the pipe until Yakamaru was defeated. Attempting to teleport out displayed the message . However, players could leave the arena by leaving or being kicked from their group.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ First stone fragment, RuneScape. "You present me a fragment pulsating with the vibrant anima of this planet. The very same anima which leaks from the wounds that this world has come to bare... Over many centuries the seeping anima formed constructs; spirit guardians that roams this world's forests and plains. While not sentient, these guardians still strive to conserve the natural order of Mazcab. Affording their own protection to those that may not be able to protect themselves."
- ^ Fifth stone fragment, RuneScape. "This has come into contact with the water beast Yakamaru. A once great spirit guardian who roamed the rivers and seas of Mazcab. When Tuska came she brought with her the Airut that plague this land... The Shaman in particular wields a dreadful magic, spreading corruption where he walks and warping the minds of his victims. The spirit guardian Yakamaru fell prey to this evil. No longer does it protect the inhabitants of this world but instead, like so many others, it must serve its Airut masters."
- ^ Jagex. Mod Deg's Twitter account. 30 July 2015. (Archived from the original on 30 May 2020.) Mod Deg: "1) Own. 2)Style only. 3) If your next drop would be X you have double chances of a drop. 4) From BM."
- ^ Jagex. Mod Deg's Twitter account. 30 July 2015. (Archived from the original on 5 June 2019.) Mod Deg: "Mystery solved."
- ^ Jagex. Mod Deg's Twitter account. 13 July 2015. (Archived from the original on 3 November 2020.) Mod Deg: "Nine hours and twenty minutes later, Yakamaru tastes defeat for the first time!"
- ^ Mod Shauny. Top 10 killers per Boss. Reddit. 2 February 2018. (Archived from the original on 25 January 2019.) Mod Shauny: "Here are the top 10 kills for each Boss in RuneScape, be aware that we've not listed display names for privacy purposes however if you wish to brag about one number being yours then we won't stop you!"
- ^ Mod Shauny. Top 20 Boss Killers by Monster (Data: 13th December 2018). Reddit. 8 January 2019. (Archived from the original on 28 February 2020.) Mod Shauny: "[link to a spreadsheet]"
|Abilities and unlocks|