Writings on the Walls is a mystery as well as an achievement that requires the player to complete it.
- The mystery starts when you study your first strange writing. You are only able to see the writings once you have the Guildmaster qualification and are wearing the complete master archaeologist's outfit.
- After discovering each writing, you will get a new special research.
- Complete all five special research missions.
- Go and inspect all five strange writings again.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- The player Roskat was the first player who completed this mystery on 7 April 2020 which was shown in-game with the announcement: News: Roskat is the first to solve the 'Writings on the Walls' mystery!
- The achievement name is a reference to the phrase "writing on the wall", meaning an omen.
- Reiniger has a tattoo similar to the symbols found at each Dig Site.
- Each dig site's symbol is slightly different.