Wrath is one of the Ancient Curses which requires level 89 Prayer to use. Like all of the Ancient Curses, it requires The Temple at Senntisten quest to be completed.
If this curse is active when a player dies, it deals damage up to 2500% their Prayer level to enemies in a 5x5 square. The most damage that can be done using this prayer is 2,475 with a Prayer level of 99. Note that this curse will not hurt other players outside of PvP areas. This is an enhanced version of Retribution.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 15 January 2018 (Update):
- Activating a level 99 prayer, such as Affliction, will no longer deactivate Wrath.
- patch 28 April 2014 (Update):
- Wrath prayer has been updated to deal more damage in line with the Evolution of Combat.
- patch 15 December 2009 (Update):
- Corrected the range checks when using the Wrath curse on large NPCs.
- patch 8 December 2009 (Update):
- Adjusted the behaviour of the Wrath curse when dealing with large NPCs.
- According to the ancient hymnal, Wrath's verbal incantation is "Nex meus emanabit sicut pestilentia." (My death will spread like a plague.)
- Nex uses this prayer when she dies, making her the first boss monster to use an overhead prayer other than a protection prayer and the first boss to use the wrath prayer.
- If the player dies from damage not coming from another player or monster (for example, desert heat), Wrath will not activate; however, poison is an exception to this.
- Both the animation and the icon for Wrath resemble a nuclear mushroom cloud.
- Following the Evolution of Combat, Wrath was intended to have its damage increased to 2500% of the player's Prayer level, however it still only dealt up to 300%. This was patched in a later update.