Wormbrain is a goblin found in the Port Sarim Jail. He was arrested for his part in a goblin raid on residents living on the east side of the River Lum. He and his band forced Lachtopher to flee to the western side of Lumbridge and killed Lozar, a mage protecting a piece of the map leading to Crandor. He looted a box and lingered trying to open it while the other goblins fled, leading to him being captured by the guards and thrown in prison.
During Dragon Slayer, the map piece he has must be obtained, either by giving him 10,000 coins to bribe the guards with or by fighting him. If he is fought, he drops the map piece once his health is depleted and it must then be taken by using Telekinetic Grab.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 19 December 2012 (Update):
- Several goblins have been graphically updated to the same standard as the recently reworked goblins.
- Originally, it was not possible to pay him. He had to be killed and the map piece telekinetic grabbed in order to be obtained.
- When his life points are depleted, a message stating "You have just beaten Wormbrain up. Give the poor goblin a break." appears.
- Attempting to attack him after gaining the map piece yields the message, "You have already taken Wormbrain's map piece. There is no use in beating him up further." even if he was paid.
- It is possible to talk to Wormbrain from anywhere on the ground floor[UK]1st floor[US] of Port Sarim jail, not just from one square away.