|Build name||Wooden telescope|
|Release||31 May 2006 (Update)|
|Examine||Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist.|
|Object ID||? (edit)|
|doc • Talk page|
A wooden telescope can be built in the telescope hotspot of the study in a player-owned house. It requires 44 Construction, 2 oak planks, and 1 piece of molten glass to build. When built, it earns the player 121 experience.
As with all telescopes, it can be used for stargazing or looking out for Shooting Stars. Being the weakest telescope, the estimated impact time of crashed stars has the longest time frame of 24 minutes.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 19 March 2018 (Update):
- The examines for the POH telescopes have been updated as part of the hidden achievement A Brief History of Telescopes. Patch note: "Updated some telescope examines."
- patch 2 September 2009 (Update):
- Fixed an issue with reading a skill guide or quest journal while watching a shooting star through a telescope.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The examine text used to be "Used for observing heavenly bodies."
- The examine text is a reference to physicist Stephen Hawking, who died on 14 March 2018, being a quote of his.
|Lectern space (Lectern)|
|Crystal ball space (Crystal balls)|
|Wall chart space|
|Bookcase space (Bookcase)|