|Release||11 July 2005 (Update)|
|High alch||1 coin|
|Low alch||1 coin|
|This looks a good deal stronger than normal Wizards Mind Bomb.|
|Exchange||2,400 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Wizard's mind bomb (m) (abbreviated in-game as Mature wmb) is a player-made ale which is created through brewing using the Cooking skill. When drunk this ale temporarily enhances a player's Magic level by +3 if their Magic level is less than 50, and by +4 if is 50 or greater. It is the stronger, or 'mature' version of the regular Wizard's mind bomb, which adds 2 or 3 levels to Magic. However, with at least 25 Magic, the magic potion always gives a boost equal or greater to even the mature version while being much cheaper, with no negative effects.
The full recipe for the standard Wizards Mind Bomb is as follows (in the order given):
- 2 Buckets of water
- 2 Barley Malt.
- (optional) 1 "The stuff," to increase chance of maturity.
- 4 Yanillian hops
- 1 Ale yeast
- Wait two to five days
- Collect the completed ale using eight beer glasses or two Calquat kegs*.
- Calquat kegs are highly recommended, especially if the ale has matured. Simply by collecting the ale in a keg, the value of the batch will increase by several thousand coins. This makes a mind bomb (m). This ale is considerably more useful in a keg, as it stacks 4 doses into one inventory slot.
During the brewing process, there is a random chance that the batch will turn out mature. Maturing happens during the brewing process, not afterwards. Leaving ale in the vat after it completely set will not make it turn mature, or even go bad. The chance of brewing a mature ale can be increased by 50% by adding the stuff to the brewing vat, although it is also affected to a much lesser extent by the players cooking level. See the Brewing section of the Cooking guide.
Uses[edit | edit source]
This ale can be used to meet requirements for some quests. It is fairly expensive, but is much cheaper (and quicker) than training 4 magic levels, so it can be rather sought after at times by players who are just short of some spell they need to cast.
Before the Evolution of Combat, it was also possible to use this to cast higher level spells as well.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Increases Magic by 3 or 4 levels temporarily.
- Heals 370 life points.
- Lowers Attack, Strength, and Defence by 5 levels.
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Food and herbs|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||59.3%|
Update history[edit | edit source]