Wizard's mind bomb
|Wizard's mind bomb|
|Release||6 April 2001 (Update)|
|High alch||1 coin|
|Low alch||1 coin|
|It's got strange bubbles in it.|
|Exchange||322 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Despite the in-game tooltip stating 34 Constitution is required to receive full healing, this is untrue and it would always heal the full amount. Due to this and its high availability, it is one of the best food items for beginner players if they don't mind the stat drain.
Store locations[edit | edit source]
|The Lighthouse Store||Lighthouse||2||Coins||10|
|The Pick and Lute||Taverley||2||Coins||10|
|Toad and Chicken||Burthorpe||2||Coins||10|
While the stock is infinite, Rising Sun requires players to buy beers one by one through a lengthy conversation.
Brewing[edit | edit source]
The full recipe for the Wizard's mind bomb is as follows; ingredients must be used in the order given:
- 2 Buckets of water
- 2 Barley malt
- (optional) 1 "The stuff," to increase chance of maturity
- 4 Yanillian hops
- 1 Ale yeast
- Wait two to five days
- Collect the completed ale using eight Beer glasses or two Calquat kegs*.
* Calquat kegs are highly recommended, especially if the ale has matured. Simply by collecting the ale in a keg, the value of the batch will increase by several thousand coins. This ale is considerably more useful in a keg, as it stacks 4 doses into one inventory slot. This will fill two Mind bomb kegs.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Increases Magic level by 2 (under level 50) or 3 (at or above level 50)
- Lowers Attack by 4
- Lowers Strength and Defence by 3
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Food and herbs|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||62.6%|
Other uses[edit | edit source]
This item is widely used (and highly recommended) to get around the requirements to enter the Wizards' Guild in Yanille without actually having level 66 Magic. This is useful for various quests, for essence runners, and for players interested in accessing the specialty shops in the guild.