|Release date||4 June 2007 (Update)|
|Quest NPC||Grim Tales|
|Examine||Like a mini man!|
|Infobox (multi) • Talk page|
Winkin is the gnome owner of the Vinesweeper farm along with his wife, Mrs. Winkin and a friend of Rupert the Beard. He plays a small role in the Grim Tales quest and can be found in the sewers outside Nora T. Hagg's house, surrounded by Experiment No.2.
Winkin learned a spell to change the size of objects from Larry, which allowed him to shrink Ogleroots in order to fit them into his bags for easy transport to Draynor Market, where he would enlarge and sell them for profit.
His venture would prove to be his undoing after he attracted the attention of Nora, whom was looking for ogleroots to both feed her experiments and concoct Shrink-me-quick potions. After he refused to share the secret spell, she kidnapped and imprisoned him in the sewers in order to maintain a steady supply of shrunk ogleroot.
When offered liberation from his predicament, he refuses, wishing to keep an eye on Nora and her creations.
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The shrinking spell mentioned being taught by Larry is the same one used to put players in the penguin suit during Cold War and Hunt for Red Raktuber.
- Winkin appears to have a cut on his left arm.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Winkin, "Grim Tales", RuneScape. "Well now, I have perfected a spell that would grow an ogleroot to enormous size."
- ^ Winkin, "Grim Tales", RuneScape. "You know, I had the very same problem so I came up with a simple solution. I used a spell I learned from a chap called Larry to shrink 'em down really small so that I could carry whole bags filled with 'em to the market place."
- ^ Rupert the Beard, "Grim Tales", RuneScape. "Right, well a young gnome friend of mine by the name of Winkin recently disappeared whilst delivering ogleroots to the market in Draynor."
- ^ Rupert the Beard, "Grim Tales", RuneScape. "I don't know exactly, but someone told me he was last seen talking to a witch before he disappeared."
- ^ Winkin, "Grim Tales", RuneScape. "She wanted the secret of my ogleroots, so she did!"
- ^ Winkin, "Grim Tales", RuneScape. "No, it's ok. I want to keep an eye on what the witch is up to down here with these odd creatures."