|Release||25 December 2001 (Update)|
|High alch||1 coin|
|Low alch||1 coin|
|A nice hat from a cracker.|
|Exchange||2,147,483,647 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
White partyhats are a discontinued item that came from opening Christmas crackers, which were obtained in the 2001 Christmas event. They can no longer be obtained except for being traded from another player that already has one.
Partyhats are some of the oldest discontinued holiday items in the game, superceeded only by the pumpkin. In combination with being a wearable item, this has resulted in them becoming some of the most expensive items in RuneScape's history, far exceeding the maximum cash value and resulting in them being traded almost exclusively outside the Grand Exchange. When free trade was reintroduced this caused partyhats to give the appearance of rising sharply in value.
White partyhats are the most sought after colour of partyhat, according to a 2009 poll.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
15 Days of Christmas[edit | edit source]
During the 15 Days of Christmas in 2013, this item, along with other Christmas-themed equipment, was given the Hybrid style of combat, and stats that scaled with the player's levels. This was so players could use these items in combat to assist in hunting for festive crackers during the event.
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Christmas cracker||N/A||1||23/128[dr 1]||N/A|
- ^ There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 9 February 2011 (Update):
- Party hat variants will now change in price by up to 5% per day, dependent on demand.
- patch 24 June 2010 (Update):
- Resolved a long-standing issue when wearing party hats with a particular female haircut.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The former version of the white partyhat's inventory icon was .
- Before free trade, the street price was much higher than the GE price, giving the false impression that partyhats sharply rose when free trade was reintroduced.
- On 5 June 2011, the white partyhat was the first item ever on the Grand Exchange to hit a price of 2,147,483,647 coins (the maximum number of coins a player can have).
- The white partyhat is the second most expensive partyhat just under the blue partyhat.
References[edit | edit source]