|Release||30 March 2020 (Update)|
|High alch||150 coins|
|Low alch||100 coins|
|An abundant source of wood in the Third Age.|
|Exchange||2,141 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
White oak is an Archaeological material that can be obtained through excavating material caches or various excavation sites, requiring level 17 Archaeology, at various dig sites around Gielinor.
White oak is required to restore various artefacts. As players increase their Archaeology level and use higher tier mattocks, they are able to excavate white oak at quicker rates.
White oak, like other Archaeology materials, can be stored in the material storage container. An unlimited amount of white oak can be stored in the material storage container.
History[edit | edit source]
The material originates from the once ubiquitous white oak trees, where the last living tree is involved in the Garden of Tranquillity quest. In the quest, gardener Dantaera mentions that the trees were cut down to near extinction a long time ago for the colour of their wood, presumably sometime after the Third Age, when use of white oak wood was prevalent.
Material caches[edit | edit source]
|Ice mountain excavation site||No||3||N/A|
Sources[edit | edit source]
|Aerated sediment||70||1||365/5000[f 1]|
|Earthen clay||83||1||278/5000[f 1]|
|Fiery brimstone||24||1||346/5000[f 1]|
|Goblin dorm debris||83||1||2/10|
|Keshik tower debris||95||1||2/10|
|Kharid-et chapel debris||74||1||2/10|
|Kyzaj champion's boudoir||100||1||3/10|
|Lodge art storage||24||1||2/10|
|Material cache (white oak)||17||1||Always[f 1]|
|Money making guide/Screening ancient gravel||17||1||Unknown|
|Saltwater mud||51||1||283/5000[f 1]|
|War table debris||118||1||3/10|
Products[edit | edit source]
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Logs and hides|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||81.3%|
|1 × Historic components||16/100|
|1 × Classic components||1/25|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 29 June 2020 (Update):
- The Grand Exchange buy limits for all Archaeology materials have increased from 1,000 to 5,000.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It is used in the construction of several weapons, even though the white tree is said to have survived the God Wars because it is too weak to be used in war.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Dantaera, "Garden of Tranquillity", RuneScape. "It is the White Tree, last survivor of a race of Trees that have disappeared from our landscape. Once they covered the land; now there is only one. Man desired the wood of the White Tree, because of its wood of pure white."
- Grand Exchange items
- Items that can be disassembled
- Items that are reclaimable on death
- Tradeable items
- Items dropped by monster
- Items that disassemble into Simple parts
- Items that disassemble into Living components
- Items that disassemble into Historic components
- Items that disassemble into Classic components
- Disassemble category/logs
- Items that can disassemble into special materials
- Archaeology materials