Quick guide for What Lies Below
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Rat Burgiss south of Varrock|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Official length||Short to Medium|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.
|Enemies to defeat|
Starting out[edit | edit source]
Helping Rat[edit | edit source]
Surok Magis[edit | edit source]
- Varrock palace library, talk to Surok Magis.
- Use any method to enter the chaos altar.
- With 15 chaos runes, use the wand on the altar.
- If you brought essence instead, craft the runes now.
- Give Surok Magis a bowl and the infused wand.
- Talk to Rat Burgiss.
- Talk to Zaff, in his shop north-west of Varrock Square.
- Talk to Surok Magis.
- Attack King Roald, and right-click summon with the beacon ring when he has 1 life point remaining.
Finishing up[edit | edit source]
- Return to Rat Burgiss.
- Quest complete!
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 quest point
- 2,000 experience lamp
- 8,000 experience lamp
- The Beacon ring
- Access to the Tunnel of Chaos, which provides a shortcut to the Chaos Altar and the Chaos Tunnels
- Ability to speak with Historian Minas in the Varrock Museum and give him the Dagon'hai history book you found during the quest in the Varrock Palace library for 5 kudos.
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys and 2 Hearts of Ice (Ironman accounts will not receive these)
- Music unlocked
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
What Lies Below is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
It is therefore an indirect requirement for the following quests and miniquests:
- Full completion of Azzanadra's Quest
- Children of Mah
- Full completion of Curse of the Black Stone
- Desperate Measures
- Full completion of Desperate Times
- Dimension of Disaster
- Dimension of Disaster: Curse of Arrav
- Dimension of Disaster: Defender of Varrock
- Dishonour among Thieves
- Fate of the Gods
- Full completion of Heart of Stone
- Full completion of Hero's Welcome
- Kindred Spirits
- Koschei's Troubles
- Mahjarrat Memories
- Full completion of Missing, Presumed Death
- Full completion of Nadir
- Nomad's Elegy
- One of a Kind
- Rebuilding Edgeville
- Ritual of the Mahjarrat
- River of Blood
- Sins of the Father
- Sliske's Endgame
- Tales of Nomad
- The Curse of Arrav
- The Light Within
- The Mighty Fall
- The Temple at Senntisten
- Full completion of The World Wakes
- While Guthix Sleeps