The course is near Canifis in Morytania. Although it is due east of the city, swamps block the direct route. Instead, it can be reached by going south-east of Mazchna the Slayer Master, who can be found northeast of Canifis. Leeches are in this area.
The entrance to the werewolf courses is a small, ruined hut in the swamp. (The Werewolf Agility Course is also located here.) A Werewolf guards the hut; just open the trapdoor and he will speak to you. If you are wearing the ring, it deceives him into thinking you are a werewolf and he lets you in.
Once inside, speak to the Skullball Boss to start a game of Skullball. It is a kind of progressive soccer game, except for the fact that your ball is actually a skull. The faster you shoot the skull through each of 10 different goals, the more experience you will gain. There are 3 options that you can use when playing:
- Tap - Moves the Skullball 1 square ahead.
- Kick - Moves the Skullball 4 squares ahead.
- Shoot - Moves the Skullball 9 squares ahead.
The Skullball Trainer can inform you as to what to do and keep track of how many goals are left.
Recommended route[edit | edit source]
Note: The following route is only one of many that can be taken through the course. The player may wish to experiment with alternatives.
To start the activity speak to the Skullball Boss near the ladder down into the arena. The ball will come out of one of four chutes on the wall south of the first goal, but the timer does not start until the ball is kicked through the first goal, so the player has plenty of time to position the ball before starting the activity.
Provided the player has plenty of run energy it is relatively easy to achieve the maximum experience without any planning and just simply scramble the ball to the finish line through each goal. However, the following route can be used to obtain faster lap times and therefore more experience per hour. The route can even be walked and still completed fast enough to yield maximum experience.
To begin the route use the tap and kick actions to position the ball between the first arrow on the ground and the centre of the first goal. The timer does not start until the first goal is scored so there is no need to rush this part. Once the ball is in place the table below can then be used to guide the player through the route.
|2||Kick north, tap east, kick north|
|3||Tap east x2, shoot north|
|4||Tap west, shoot north|
|5||Tap east, shoot north|
|6||Kick east, tap north x2, shoot east|
|7||Kick east, shoot south|
|8||Tap west, shoot south x2|
|9||Tap east, shoot south|
|10||Shoot south, tap west x3, tap south x2, shoot west|
|End||Shoot (or kick) North|
The table above summarises what is shown in the diagram. At the 5th goal, the skullball bounces off the wall and lands in the spot indicated. Alternatively, one could kick the ball north and then tap the ball north, but this is a much slower approach.
The following table shows some approximate times for a lap using each method.
|Run recommended route||2:20 - 2:45||900||19,636 - 23,143|
|Walk recommended route||2:45 - 3:15||750-900||13,846 - 19,636|
|Unplanned scramble||3:00 - 3:49||750||11,790 - 15,000|
alternative 1: instead of manually and slowly positioning the skullball in the front centre of the first goal, tap the ball until it is aligned with the red markings and then just shoot through it from any distance and then shoot again to let it end up at the left front of the second goal. This avoids lots of manual tapping before starting the course.
alternative 2: instead of tapping west three times for the 10th goal, shoot the skullball to the east against the wall. It will bounce off the wall and end up in the same position as if it was tapped west three times.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 14 March 2016 (Update):
- Completing a round of Werewolf Skullball in under 3 minutes now awards 900 XP, up from 750.
- Completing a round of Werewolf Skullball in over 3 minutes now always awards 750 XP, instead of a sliding scale of reduced XP.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The skullball is indicated on the mini-map as a yellow dot, which is usually reserved for NPCs.
- If you take off the ring of charos while inside, all NPCs will only say "Grrr - you don't belong in here, human!" and not let you use the courses.
- If you take off the ring of charos while inside after starting the game, the skullball trainers will not cheer you on but say "Humans play skullball worse than puppies!" and when you complete the course the last skullball trainer will say "The humans scored!"
- If you choose to wear a Werewolf Costume, bought from Xuan at the Loyalty shop located in Burthorpe for 8,000 points, You can insist you are a werewolf. However the werewolf will point out that your tail is pinned on and is not real.
Agility courses and activities