Wen is one of the Elder Gods, the ancient beings responsible for the creation of the universe, including Gielinor itself. She is also the Elder God that is related to ice and the cold. She is the third oldest Elder God, as well as the third most powerful. According to Mod Rowley, her facet of time is Inversion. As her chronicle is found atop Ice Mountain, Wen may either reside underneath or could even be the mountain.
In Heart of Stone the player visits White Wolf Mountain instead of Ice Mountain.
Wen may perhaps rest under both the Ice Mountain and the White Wolf Mountain, either broken in two somehow or being so large she also rests under everything in between these mountains. This is hypothesized by Azzanadra when talking to him about Elder Gods after completing Heart of Stone and The Temple at Senntisten. This is because Wen's Elder chronicle and WenKra are tied to Wen in some way and The Measure, being an Elder Artefact, would not be lying about Wen's location.
- The Oracle says "Wen the cold wind blows" once the nearby Elder Chronicle is caught, after the completion of Fate of the Gods. This is the first mention of Wen's name.
- All three other chronicles are described as "elder chronicles" in the quest journal, while hers is referred to as "a chronicle".
- Wen may have a connection to The Needle, since during the quest The Needle Skips, one of the special words used on The Needle is "Wenla".
- Seren suggests that Wen may have been responsible for Mah's corruption. As further evidence of this, Mah's wound had icy crystals in it.
- According to the concept art, the Mysterious monolith is in some way linked to Wen. This may mean that the Mysterious Monolith is an Elder Artefact.