|Release||11 July 2005 (Update)|
|High alch||1 coin|
|Low alch||1 coin|
|On death||Always kept outside dangerous area|
|A handful of weeds.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
Weeds will grow in any patch that does not have anything else growing in it, even if the soil has been treated with compost or supercompost. Weeds grow every 5 minutes.
Players can harvest them by using a rake on a Farming patch that has weeds growing in it. Doing so will yield up to three weeds per patch, giving 4 Farming experience each.
A fast way to obtain weeds is by raking the flax patch in Miscellania. However, you can only do this until the player's popularity reaches 100% (You can kill citizens to lower it again).
Weeds are generally used to make compost. Players can put up to 15 weeds at a time into a Compost Bin, close the lid, and leave the contents to rot. This will take around an hour, after which they can open the lid and retrieve their compost. Weeds are the fastest item to make compost with, because when you use a weed on the compost bin, it will put all 15 weeds at once. This doesn't change the time it takes for it to turn into compost.
Weeds are also needed in the Rat Catchers quest.
No weeds option[edit | edit source]
Upon completion of the A Fairy Tale III - Battle at Ork's Rift quest, patches may no longer need to be weeded. Talk to any farmer or gardener to activate this effect.
- No weeds
- Can you keep my farming patches weeded please?
- That shouldn't be a problem, Martin said I should give you special attention for your help with the fairies! Be sure to clear your allotment though as I don't want to interrupt their growth!
- Restart weeds
- Can you stop weeding my farming patches please.
- Sure, I'll stop weeding them now.
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Food and herbs|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 20 May 2013 (Update):
- Weeds now correctly stack or drop to the ground if you have full inventory.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The price of weeds increased dramatically from 24 March 2010 up until 19 July 2010 when they were no longer able to be bought or sold on the Grand Exchange.
- If you start to rake weeds away from your farming patch with a full inventory, the weed itself will not appear in your inventory (due to no space) and will drop on the ground. You will still receive the XP for raking the patch.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Items that can be disassembled
- Items that are always kept outside the Wilderness on death
- Stackable items
- Tradeable items
- Non-GE items
- Items that disassemble into Organic parts
- Items that disassemble into Crafted parts
- Items that disassemble into Living components
- Items that disassemble into Healthy components
- Items that disassemble into Enhancing components
- Disassemble category/food