|Weapon poison (1)|
|Release||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|High alch||28 coins|
|Low alch||19 coins|
|A vial of weapon poison.|
|Exchange||95 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Weapon poison requires level 60 Herblore to make. It is made by mixing clean kwuarm and dragon scale dust in a vial of water, giving 137.5 Herblore experience. It is the weakest variant of weapon poison.
Applying weapon poison will give you a 12.5% chance per hit to poison your opponent(s) in combat. The poison effect appears as a buff and lasts for 2.5 minutes, dealing between 7-24% of your ability damage per hit. This deals poison damage on the first application and renews the poison duration. Poison will hit every 10 seconds and wear off after 3 minutes.
A three dose weapon poison is required to restore a Yurkolgokh stink grenade (damaged).
Price per dose[edit | edit source]
|Item||GE price||Price per dose||Price per dose|
(Excluding vial / flask)
|Weapon poison (1)||95||95||93|
|Weapon poison (2)||445||223||222|
|Weapon poison (3)||9,287||3,096||3,095|
|Weapon poison (4)||6,379||1,595||1,594|
|Weapon poison flask (6)||7,189||1,198||-976|
Creation[edit | edit source]
|137.5 XP||-||2 (1.2s) / 1 (0.6s) [recipe 1]||9,287|
|Kwuarm potion (unf)||1||20,555||20,555|
|Dragon scale dust||1||1,626||1,626|
- ^ When mixing a single potion
Production costs[edit | edit source]
|Clean kwuarm||Dragon scale dust||Vial of water||22,664||-13,377||-96.58|
|Grimy kwuarm||Dragon scale dust||Vial of water||22,211||-12,924||-86.28|
|N/A||Dragon scale dust||Kwuarm potion (unf)||22,181||-12,894||-93.77|
Products[edit | edit source]
Weapon poison (3)[edit | edit source]
- This list was created dynamically, and shows the first 100 items alphabetically.
- To force an update of this list, click .
- For an exhaustive list of items, click .
|Yurkolgokh stink grenade||N/A|
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
Weapon poison (1)[edit | edit source]
|Chaos Elemental P2P||305||1||10/28800[dr 1]|
- ^ There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
Weapon poison (2)[edit | edit source]
Weapon poison (3)[edit | edit source]
Weapon poison (4)[edit | edit source]
|Skeleton (Tarn's Lair)||45; 70; 71; 72; 77; 79||1||Uncommon|
Comparison[edit | edit source]
6 dose flask
|Weapon poison||60||137.5||2.5 minutes
Dragon scale dust
|Standard Vial of water||9,287||-13,377||7,189|
|Weapon poison+||73||165||5 minutes
Red spiders' eggs
|Requires coconut milk in place of water.||747||-18,545||10,973|
|Weapon poison++||82||190||10 minutes
Poison ivy berries
|Requires coconut milk in place of water.||28,807||8,177||61,431|
|Weapon poison+++||100||700||12 minutes
Weapon Poison++ (3)
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Potions and flasks|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||34.0%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 19 April 2021 (Update):
- Fixed an issue on weapon poison potions of all tiers that incorrectly stated the chance to apply poison was 15%. The tooltip has been adjusted to match the correct value of 12.5%.
- patch 9 December 2019 (Update):
- Weapon Poison potions will no longer instantly run out when used in conjunction with Lantadyme Incense sticks.
- Weapon poison can be applied in the bank interface.
- patch 3 June 2019 (Update):
- Clicking the make option on a vial of Coconut milk will now default to make weapon poison rather than more coconut milk. Effectively, you can now put the lime in the coconut.
- patch 16 October 2017 (Update):
- Antifire, weapon poison, aggression potion and wilder pie effects no longer stay active on free worlds.
- patch 8 June 2015 (Update):
- Applying weapon poison no longer displays the message that you drank it.
- patch 27 May 2014 (Update):
- A bug where all versions of Weapon poison were lasting for 5 minutes has been fixed. Weapon poison now lasts for 1 minute and Weapon poison++ now lasts 10 minutes. Weapon poison+ remains unchanged.
- patch 29 July 2013 (Update):
- Discontinued weapon poisons are now untradeable, and Warped Tortoises & Terrorbirds no longer drop them.
- patch 28 November 2012 (Update):
- Daily challenges to make weapon poison and weapon poison+ can now be completed.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- After the Evolution of Combat update, existing weapon poison potions were replaced with 3 dose poisons. However, the old weapon poison version was still obtainable from monsters as a drop, such as warped tortoises and ankous until Patch Notes 29 July 2013 . This version does not have the ability to let the player to poison others, nor apply the poison to any weapons (the original function). In order to solve this problem, drop the potion and it will automatically change to weapon poison (3). This has yet to be fixed. These unconverted potions retain the examine text of "For use on daggers and projectiles."
- The default click option is to 'Apply Weapon poison', even if no weapon is wielded or in your inventory. Instead it applies a temporary buff to any melee weapon wielded, rather than converting the weapon with a permanent chance of applying the poison.
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Mod Breezy. Message in #ranch-out-of-time channel of official RuneScape Discord server. Discord. 12 November 2019. "yeah they affect base poison damage too so the "scalar" in code is like; tier 1 poison - 50; tier 2 - 100; tier 3 - 150; tier 4 - 200; tier 5 - 250; the current highest is weapon poison++ at tier 3 PLUS cinders = tier 4; with the update, wep pois+++will allow it to go to tier 5 with cinders"*