This article is about the building on the north wall of Yanille. For the quest, see Watchtower
The Watchtower is a fortified defensive structure situated on the northern wall of Yanille. Its primary purpose is to defend the city from the ogres that inhabit the nearby Feldip Hills and Khazard's Army that inhabits the Fight Arena to the north. Players can teleport to the top floor at level 58 Magic using a standard teleport spell.
The Watchtower was built to defend the city of Yanille, which is situated very close to the Feldip Hills. This has led to numerous attacks, usually by the ogres that inhabit the area and continue to push their way further into southern Kandarin.
The tower is managed by the Watchtower Wizards, who operate the magical generator on the tower's top floor. A number of watchmen also protect the tower from invaders. Also, the guard may tell you that it is private if you try climbing up the main ladder, so, you will need to have an agility level of 18 to enter by the trellis.
The Watchtower is protected by a magical generator, which is fueled by a number of powerful crystals. During the Watchtower quest, the player must recover these crystals, which had been stolen by the ogres.
Watchtower ground floor[UK]1st floor[US]
Watchtower 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US]
Watchtower 2nd floor[UK]3rd floor[US]
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 16 January 2017 (Update):
- A Yanille hedge that was burrowing through the Watchtower brickwork has been trimmed.
- patch 19 June 2012 (Update):
- Teleporting to the Watchtower now consistently shows updated tree models on the bottom floor.
- patch 7 February 2012 (Update):
- The magical shield on the top of the Watchtower no longer flickers.
- patch 10 February 2009 (Update):
- The view from the Yanille Watchtower is no longer ruined by a large green wall.