A male player wearing the warpriest of Zamorak armour.
Warpriest of Zamorak armour is a set of hybrid armour originally obtained during the Battle of Lumbridge world event at a cost of 20,500 renown. Members can now receive parts of the armour by killing Zamorakian followers in the God Wars Dungeon. It could also be bought during the Tuska Comes world event.
When initially purchased or obtained, the armour starts at tier 25. If the player's Defence level is 50 or higher, equipping the armour results in the following message: The armour adapts to suit your current abilities. and upgrades the armour to tier 50 or 75 based on the player's Defence level. When logging into a free-to-play world, the armour will revert to its tier 50 variant.
The complete set can be stored in an armour case of a player-owned house.
When dying in the Wilderness, the armour is converted to 75,000 coins.
The armour's set effect has a chance to reduce damage by (90 + pieces of armour worn)%. Wearing at least 3 pieces is required to gain this set effect, similar to how the other warpriest armour sets function. A mix of Zamorak and Saradomin warpriest armour pieces can be worn contribute to the set effect. When the effect activates, a divine shield appears in front of you, and the following message appears in the chat box: Zamorak's blessing reduces the damage of this attack by <AMOUNT>.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- ninja 10 June 2019 (Update):.
- Various combat equipment sets now have set effects listed in tooltips.
- patch 27 October 2014 (Update):
- Werewolves in Canifis no longer drop Warpriest of Zamorak armour.
- patch 13 October 2014 (Update):
- Saradominist and Zamorakian warpriest armours now correctly adapt to level 50 when equipped on a free world.
- patch 27 January 2014 (Update):
- Warpriest armour will now revert to its level 50 version upon logging into free to play worlds.
Early concept art of the armour.
Concept art of the armour.
- A player can hold only one set of each god. A player that has a piece of warpriest armour can't get a second one of same type as a drop from GWD followers.
- Formerly, when the passive effect occurs, either one of the following messages will appear, depending on your side during the Battle of Lumbridge:
- Zamorak's blessing reduces the damage of this attack by <AMOUNT>.
- Saradomin's blessing reduces the damage of this attack by <AMOUNT>.
- For players who did not participate in the Battle of Lumbridge and those who wear a combination of the two sets, the following message appeared instead whenever the effect activated:
- The divine protection of your armour reduces the damage of this attack by <AMOUNT>.
- The animation for when damage is reduced is the same as the Aegis aura.
- The damage reducing effect works when taking all forms of damage, including damage from failed pickpocketing.
- Warpriest armour did not provide protection in the God Wars Dungeon when first released, this was a bug and has since been fixed.
- Before 15 October 2013 the armour was always kept upon death, outside of Wilderness.
- The in-game skill guide used to lists the defence level requirement for tier 2 of this armour as 55 Defence in contrast to the actual requirement of 50 Defence. This has been fixed.
- At the start of the event, tier 3 was officially available to everyone, making it the best possible free-to-play armour. However in the middle of Week 7, on which cuirass and greaves were released, Jagex released statement that tier 3 will be disabled for free-to-play after Battle of Lumbridge is over.
- After the Battle, a glitch caused the armour to always turn into the level 75 variant when equipped, even if you did not have level 75 defence. If it was taken off, you would need a Defence level of 75 before you could equip it again. This has been fixed.
- Starting on 18 August 2014 the level 75 variant had become free-to-play. This was fixed on 13 October 2014.
- In September 2014 it was possible to earn a golden version of the complete suit in Balthzahar's big raffle.
- Werewolves in Canifis used to be able to drop the Warpriest of Zamorak armour pieces, however an update on 27 October 2014 corrected this.