Warped cockroaches can be found in the first room of the Lumbridge Catacombs which can only be entered after completing The Blood Pact quest. They were created by Dragith Nurn, a now undead necromancer, during his experiments with local animals.
This is one of the monsters that drop Mask part 1, which can be used with the 4 other parts to create the Mask of Dragith Nurn.
Some low level mages may find this place an ideal place to train, because the cockroaches are low level, frequently drop runes, and have a very low max hit unlike their drone counterparts.
Warped cockroaches can also spawn in the Nemi Forest on Mazcab. These cockroaches, however, scale to the player's level and do not drop anything.
These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
- ^ Not dropped if the player has this item or a Mask of Dragith Nurn in their possession.
- ^ a b Not dropped if you already have one in your possession
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These items are dropped alongside main drops.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 9 February 2011 (Update):
- Warped cockroaches' wings no longer cause their body to become invisible.
- patch 24 November 2010 (Update):
- Cockroaches now appear correctly on hills.
- Although cockroaches are arthropods (and thus have external shells instead of internal skeletons), warped cockroaches drop bones instead of carapace.
- They are the only attackable cockroaches not found at the Stronghold of Player Safety.