This article is about the personification of war. For wars and historical battles, see Wars
War is one of the four riders of the apocalypse and one of the five founding members of The Horsemen clan. He was first mentioned in the 2011 Hallowe'en event and appeared in the 2018 Hallowe'en event. Currently, he can be found in War's Retreat as its host.
According to Death, War hungers for battle at every moment, and the two of them together were once a force to be reckoned with. War himself claims that he is probably closer to Death than any of the other riders, and that he used to keep Death busy with a torrent of souls back during his days of war and mass slaughter.
At some point long ago, he gave up war and retired as a rider to be with his love Peace, but their relationship ultimately didn't work out due to their contrasting natures. Nevertheless, he remains retired to this day, but he still keeps in contact with his fellow riders. In his retirement, he has apparently taken up long walks on the beach, and according to Beauty, he also is known to hog his clan citadel's battlefield.
In War's Retreat, War provides a decanting service for both potions and flasks. He also sells rewards in his shop, War's Wares, for Marks of War.
While War did not appear in the event directly, players had to help Beauty select a statue of the demonic warlord K'ril Tsutsaroth to build for him at Death's citadel during Deathcon II. War wanted his statue built on one of the two plinths closest to the clan battlefield. Players were given the hints that his favourite colour is red, and his favourite creatures are demons.
War is summoned by Death.
War first appeared in the second week of the 2018 Hallowe'en event, where Death summoned him to assist in cleansing the chaotic rift. With War's appearance, infernal demons started to occasionally appear and prevent the activity beam from the pillars from increasing. Players had to take War's javelin from a weapon rack beside War and throw them at the demons to defeat them and allow the beam to continue progressing.
Following the 2018 Hallowe'en event, War decided to set up a retreat as a hobby, claiming that everyone needed a hobby after retirement. War found numerous adventurers who were also desiring combat, hence why he constructed the retreat to satisfy their needs. He sent the adventurers to kill in his name, and would reward them for taking down particularly powerful opponents, such as the upgrading of his facilities and boss-essential items such as auras and refreshes.
War's high poly sculpture
War's low poly 3d sculpture
War's nude shots 3d model
War's nude shots 3d model - top view
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 1 February 2021 (Update):
- Fixed an error that was occurring when asking War to combine jellyfish on a free-to-play world.
- ninja 9 November 2020 (Update):
- Partially eaten Jellyfish can now be combined together using War's 'Decant' option, or with the help of a friendly fisherman near the jellyfish spots in the Deep Sea Fishing hub. Please do not think too hard about how we combine the jellyfish.
- patch 10 February 2020 (Update):
- The option on War for checking Marks of War cooldown has been renamed to be more obvious. The previous option said "Battle status", which was changed to "Check cooldown".
- update 27 January 2020 (Update):
- War's Retreat added to game.
- War used to be involved with Peace. A tree in Death's Citadel had "War + Peace XX" in a heart carved into it, and he openly stated in the 2018 Hallowe'en event that they used to be romantically involved but split due to being complete opposites.
- War jokingly calls Death 'Old Boney'. Death in turn reveals that War is often called 'B.F.G.'
- Like the other riders, War shares his name with one of the floors of the Stronghold of Security. War's floor is also home to the Gift of Peace.
- War's relationship with Peace is most likely a reference to the novel War and Peace by Russian writer Leo Tolstoy.