|Release date||17 October 2005 (Update)|
|Quest series||Temple Knight|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Wanted! is a quest that focuses on the completion of your application to become a Temple Knight. Due to an oversight during your recruitment, you are now to hunt down an extremely dangerous wizard and mass murderer named Solus Dellagar.
Official description[edit | edit source]
|“||A wanted man is on the loose. Can you track him down?||”|
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Sir Tiffy Cashien in Falador Park.|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Official length||Medium to Long|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.|
|Enemies to defeat|
A tiny problem with the old dossier[edit | edit source]
He lets you know the White Knights made "a tiny blunder", and that you're not actually permitted to join the Temple Knights if you're not in the order of the White Knights. It turns out you have to work as a squire for five years... or try Sir Tiffy's different solution to the problem.
Tell him you are interested and he will mention a loophole which will let you in, now ask about the Wanted quest, and he will tell you to go see Sir Amik.
Definitely not some kind of elaborate hoax[edit | edit source]
Find Sir Amik (2nd floor[UK]3rd floor[US] of west tower) and talk to him; after a short conversation, he asks you to become a squire. Decline his offer and continue the conversation; Sir Amik tells you that there needs to be a crisis for you to be deputised directly as a White Knight.
If you accept Sir Amik's offer to become a squire, he will ask you to get him an Asgarnian ale. Bringing him one will just cause him to ask for another one. Go report back to Sir Tiffy with what Sir Amik said and he will tell you about a particularly vicious and dangerous criminal. After the conversation with Sir Tiffy, head back to Sir Amik and speak with him about the criminal.
Sir Amik tells you the news that a criminal named Solus Dellagar, the "infamous murderous mage", is back. Continue through this conversation as well, and accept the mission. Sir Amik now makes you a fully deputised White Knight.
The Temple Knight communication orb[edit | edit source]
Return to Sir Tiffy and speak with him. Your task is to track Dellagar down for a recovery team to capture the evil mage – Tiffy will mention that you need a device called a commorb, which you can either have Tiffy make (by giving him a law rune, enchanted gem, and molten glass), or by giving him 10,000 coins.
Tiffy now asks you to contact your information operative, Savant. You have several options for controlling your commorb:
- Scan: Once in range, you can scan for Solus Dellagar to find him.
- Contact: Allows you to contact Savant. Savant is a Temple Knight agent who helps you defeat Solus Dellagar. She can only be seen in the commorb, though her real location is hidden.
- Playback: Give you your current and past assignments.
Contact Savant using the commorb, then ask about current assignment. She tells you that you should investigate the Taverley Dungeon where the Black Knights supposedly are, and that you should also take a look at the Mage of Zamorak that is interested in Runecrafting.
Down in the dungeon[edit | edit source]
Items recommended: Combat equipment and food
Head into Taverley Dungeon. Make your way to the south-western-most room of the Black Knight's Base to find Lord Daquarius. Talk to him, but he won't help you. Savant advises you not to try to bluff him into giving you something. Once you kill a Black Knight, however, Daquarius will give in, begging you not to kill any more of his men.
Trading for information[edit | edit source]
If you have already started the Enter the Abyss miniquest, you may go straight to the Altar of Zamorak in the southeast corner of Varrock. If not, he is located in Edgeville at the end of the river in the Wilderness, where he then directs the player to the Altar of Zamorak. (The Mage of Zamorak will not speak to you without completion of Rune Mysteries.) Before talking to him, take off any worn Saradomin or Guthix items. Grab twenty unnoted rune or pure essence and speak to the Mage of Zamorak.
The Mage of Zamorak offers to trade what he knows about Solus for your commorb, but Savant stops you. He then offers to trade his information for twenty unnoted rune or pure essence. Talk to the mage again, and trade him the essences. He tells you somewhat unhelpfully that Solus is east of the mage. Savant reminds you that Daquarius said Solus is with furry animals of some kind. The adventurer deduces Solus Dellagar is in Canifis.
Items recommended: Light source, teleports and activated lodestones, combat equipment and food. Take off your Ring of life if you are wearing one, it will not help you and will be destroyed.
Now head to Canifis. Once you enter the village of werewolves, Savant contacts you and says she is going to scan for Solus. She tells you a bit about a teleporting experiment and suggests you scan for Solus. (Note: If you exit out of dialogue upon arriving in Canifis, you will have to return to the Mage of Zamorak and begin the conversation again.)
Choose the Scan option with your commorb as you walk around Canifis until you uncover Solus. Solus briefly appears, speaks with you, and disappears. Savant then appears and gives you a clue to Solus's next whereabouts.
From this point on, you'll be chasing Solus throughout Gielinor, and each time you find him you'll receive an item in your inventory. That item is a hint for where to go next. There are a total of seven locations that need to be scanned. Each location is random, except for the Champions' Guild, the Dorgeshuun Mines, and the Rune Essence mine, which are always the third, fifth, and last locations, respectively. Listed below are some items that you may receive during your pursuit of Solus, along with the location the item is a hint for:
Predetermined items[edit | edit source]
These items always appear in a predetermined order.
- Cape (blue): Champions' Guild. Solus will use a Smoke Barrage spell on you, blinding you but not dealing any damage. This lasts until Savant is done talking. Although Savant says that the smoke is highly poisonous, the player will not receive poison damage. You may need to be inside the guild for the scan to work. This location is always the third location.
- Bone spear: Dorgeshuun Mines. (A light source is required.) After entering from the Lumbridge castle basement, follow Kazgar to the Dorgeshuun Mines. After scanning with the commorb, a woman will appear and claim to have been kidnapped by Solus. However, the woman will turn out to be Solus himself, who will sucker punch you and leave. This location is always the fifth location.
- Pure essence, twenty noted: Rune Essence mines. This is the final location, you will fight Solus here.
Random items[edit | edit source]
These items appear in a random order, and vary from player to player.
- Banana: Musa Point banana plantation.
- Beer: The bar in Yanille.
- Bear Fur: The Fur stall in the East Ardougne marketplace.
- Blue Cape: The Champions Guild.
- Bone Spear: Nardok's Bone Weapons in Dorgesh-Kaan mine.
- Cream hat: ground floor[UK]1st floor[US] of the Grand Tree. Can also be right in the entrance next to the king.
- Cream robe top: Tree Gnome Stronghold, near the top of the Grand Tree.
- Earmuffs: Canifis Slayer Tower. It is highly recommended to equip the earmuffs, as a banshee may attack and potentially kill you if you do not have them equipped.
- Eye patch: Brimhaven pub.
- Fake beard: Ali Morrisane's stall in Al Kharid.
- Fremennik cloak: Rellekka.
- Fur: Ardougne Market.
- Giant frog legs: Lumbridge Swamp Caves, specifically the southern bit with the level 44 giant frogs, near the entrance to the Tears of Guthix Cavern. Be sure to bring a light source, preferably an oil or bulls-eye lantern, and a rope.
- Goblin mail: Goblin Village.
- Greenman's ale: Yanille pub.
- Red vine worm: McGrubor's Wood.
- Ticket (Castle wars ticket): Castle Wars. Standing just west of the green portal works.
- Toy horsey: Draynor Village, near Diango.
- Unholy symbol: Grave of Scorpius, north of the Observatory with all the ghosts.
- Wizard hat: Wizards' Tower.
Solus will also react based on which scan location out of seven you are currently at.
- If you are scanning the second location, Solus will taunt you and then forcibly teleport you to Camelot.
- If you are scanning the fourth location, Solus will attempt to personally ward you off with a particularly strong Flames of Zamorak spell. This will hit you for a large percentage of your current life points. The spell should never kill you as Savant will fortunately protect you, HOWEVER; if you are attacked by an NPC during the dialogue (such as the dogs in McGrubor's Wood) your health may go low enough that the attack kills you, additionally it will destroy a Ring of Life if you have one equipped. You will then be teleported back to Falador, in the White Knights' Castle with all of your items.
- If you are scanning the sixth location, Solus will summon a level 23 Black Knight to attack you. Kill it to receive the final clue. Alternatively, the Black Knight will disappear if not killed within 5 minutes and the quest will progress normally.
Facing Solus[edit | edit source]
After defeating the Black Knight at the sixth scan location, you will receive 20 noted rune or pure essence. This will point you to the Rune Essence Mine, so head there using whichever method you prefer. Upon entering the mine, you view a cutscene where Savant summons fifteen rangers to attack but Solus Dellagar kills them all with Ice Barrage, dealing 700 damage to each Temple Knight. After that, the cut-scene ends, and Solus is greatly weakened. Finish off Solus Dellagar yourself.
Solus is fairly easy, with no specific combat level, around 3500 life points, and only uses melee due to being weakened. Once he is defeated, you receive his hat in your inventory. Return to Falador, talk to Sir Amik Varze, and hand over Solus's hat. If the hat is lost, speak to Savant to obtain another one.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 quest point
- 5,000 experience
- Access to the White equipment
- 20 noted pure/rune essence and the other items (from chasing Solus)
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys (Ironman accounts will not receive these)
- Music unlocked
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Wanted! ( 0) – Complete this Intermediate quest.
- Falador achievements
- Desert achievements
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Wanted! is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
- A Void Dance
- Full completion of Azzanadra's Quest
- Full completion of Battle of the Monolith (miniquest)
- Children of Mah
- City of Senntisten
- Full completion of Curse of the Black Stone
- Desperate Measures
- Full completion of Desperate Times
- Dishonour among Thieves
- Eye of Het I (miniquest)
- Eye of Het II (miniquest)
- Fate of the Gods
- Full completion of Heart of Stone
- Full completion of Hero's Welcome
- Kennith's Concerns
- Kindred Spirits
- Koschei's Troubles
- Mahjarrat Memories
- Full completion of Missing, Presumed Death
- Full completion of Nadir (saga)
- Nomad's Elegy
- Once Upon a Time in Gielinor: Finale
- Full completion of Once Upon a Time in Gielinor: Fortunes
- One of a Kind
- Rebuilding Edgeville
- Ritual of the Mahjarrat
- Salt in the Wound
- Sins of the Father
- Sliske's Endgame
- Tales of Nomad
- The Light Within
- The Mighty Fall
- The Temple at Senntisten
- The Void Stares Back
- Full completion of The World Wakes
- Twilight of the Gods
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Credits[edit | edit source]
|Art & Graphics|
|Quality assurance||Adam D|
|Quest Help||Rob K|
|Databox • Talk page|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 13 July 2020 (Update):
- You will now receive a golden Castle Wars ticket during the Wanted! Quest, which can be added to your currency pouch.
- patch 8 January 2018 (Update):
- hotfix 30 January 2017 (Update):
- You are now able to progress the Wanted! quest correctly again after killing a Black Knight.
- patch 27 May 2014 (Update):
- Roofs will now be removed during appropriate cutscenes in the Wanted! quest.
- patch 20 August 2013 (Update):
- A conflicting lore issue in the Wanted! quest dossier has been fixed.
- patch 4 June 2013 (Update):
- patch 27 January 2009 (Update):
- Modified the Wanted! quest journal to better point you in the right direction.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- After completion of Wanted!, the Adventurer's Log will read "As a shortcut to being deputised into the White Knights, I tracked down and defeated a dangerous mage known as Solus Dellagar."
- When scanning at the third location, your character will say, "Dead or alive, you're coming with me," a reference to RoboCop.
- When Solus summons the Black Knight he says, "Say hello to my little friend," a reference to Scarface.
- After completing the quest, if you talk to Juna, your character will say, "...And after I had finally managed to track him down, let me tell you, that Solus Dellagar fellow was almost as powerful as he was insane!"
- When you first talk to Sir Tiffy, you will mention elemental items, whether or not you have completed quests in the Elemental Workshop quest series.
- If the player receives the Castle wars ticket as a clue it will go straight into the player's Currency pouch.
|Part 2 of the Temple Knight quest series • Related to the Void Knight quest series|
|Sea Slug quest series|
|Void Knight quest series|